What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad and usb stick

ramzes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi,

is it possible to transfer the data from a usb stick to the ipad without itunes?
if yes how?
thanks in advance

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
hi, is it possible to transfer the data from a usb stick to the ipad without itunes?

Hi Ramzes - welcome to the forum! :)

You've already received the BAD news - sorry! Tell us WHAT you need to do and there are likely plenty of other options - good luck! :thumbs:

Androidfonefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi,

is it possible to transfer the data from a usb stick to the ipad without itunes?
if yes how?
thanks in advance

Unfortunately with all the great that there is with I devices they are restricted compared to Android. It is a combination of software and hardware restrictions.
If you want the I cool effect, you live with it. If you want flexibility from your device and platform go Android.
Not knocking IProducts here, just stating a simple truth.
I like my IPad, as soon as I sell my KindleFire and Vizio tablets my IP will be my on the go device and my Toshiba Thrive my at home device.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

mainmaq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use the USB disk app. You transfer files between your iPad and your laptop or desktop without using iTunes. Just download the USB disk app and then read the instructions. Pretty simple and smooth.
Cheers.

McTablet_T2C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately with all the great that there is with I devices they are restricted compared to Android. It is a combination of software and hardware restrictions.
If you want the I cool effect, you live with it. If you want flexibility from your device and platform go Android.
Not knocking IProducts here, just stating a simple truth.
I like my IPad, as soon as I sell my KindleFire and Vizio tablets my IP will be my on the go device and my Toshiba Thrive my at home device.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

Well Said :)

tspiderus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a big problem!! I am new to iPad and I have to find a way to take ALL my work documents with me when on the road (so far no sync is requiered). On my PC these documents are mixed file formats (doc, ppt, xls, txt, dwg, jpg, png, ... you name it), organized in a complex folder structure. Transfering only one file at a time (from PC to iPad through iTunes) simply isn't time wise or feasible. I also understood that copying MyDocs folder structures, by third party app, directly on iPad is not possible.

My best scenario would be to be able to take MyDocs (about 4GB) on a USB stick and read individual files when needed.

If you have any advice for me, please take into consideration that the places I travel usually don't have internet access, so, solutions such as Dropbox and iCloud are not feasible for me.

Thanks.

panchucko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Drop box will work, but free version is only 2GB. I have transferred many file types with drop box.

OP
R

ramzes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello!

my problem was: I got usb stick with some data but I haven't my laptop with me, and also haven't other possibility to send the data to dropbox. it was like only usb an my ipad. that is why I asked if there is a possibility to connect usb with ipad.

so, the answer is only dropbox (if I say it correctly) or icloud or something like that.

thanks for the answer.

brlowe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would using one of the external hard drives from Seagate or Wester Digital work?
Not cheap at $150-200 but you should be able to transfer docs and other things as needed. Plus they give you between 32GB and 500gb of storage.

Most reactions

Latest posts