What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad compatible USB Stick

Kjyjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello I need an USB stick with less power consumption, so that it is compatible with the Ipad Camera Connection Kit, I need an USB stick with 16 or 32 GB. Anybody who knows one that fits Apple's 20mA limitatiton?
(iFile from Cydia will be used to get access to the stick.)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to tell you that, with USB sticks, it's a matter of trial and error to find one that'll work. For example, I plugged in about 5 sticks I had laying about until I found one that worked (a 2GB Micro Cruzer).

Can you try using an SD card? I've not yet found an SD card that won't work with the CCK (I use a 16GB one). I either use it on it's own or I have a USB stick style card reader should I need to use that to access the card via a computer (and it doesn't have a card drive).

Marilyn

OP
K

Kjyjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only Problem is, that SD Cards are very expensive with 32GB ;)
Does one Like that work?
Transcend Secure Digital SDXC Card 64 GB

it's one with 64GB or does the ipad got an Problems with that Memory, because I don't know if the filesystem except 64GB.

EDIT:
I just saw that SDXC is not supported ): , so that I think I will order an 32GB SDHC Card^^

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts