What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad and noise-cancelling headphones.

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have recently bought a set of JBL TUNE 600BTNC noise cancelling headphones and they paired immediately with my 2017 iMac18,3 running under macOS Catalina v10.15.3 (19D76).

However, my 10.5" iPad Pro Model MPME2B/A running under iOS 13.3.1 cannot "see" the cans even when they are placed right next to each other. I have carried out a hard reset on the iPad.

The iPad can see four unconnected devices under "My Devices" but nothing under "Other Devices".

I know little of Bluetooth so am at a loss to understand why I can't pair with the iPad, I have disconnected the link on the iMac whilst trouble-shooting.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction please?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Things to try.

1) They may not be able to connect to more than one device at a time. Make sure they are not connected to the Mac before trying to pair with the iPad.

2) You may need to place them in a special pairing mode first. Usually holding power button and/or some other button for three seconds.

3) When the device is in pairing mode, turn Bluetooth off then on again on the iPad to force it to do search.

These are the things I do when I’m having problems pairing a device.

OP
iBozz

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great, thanks.

Holding down the power button worked! Nothing in the somewhat short instructions mentioned that!

I didn’t need to do that with the iMac but I’m now up and running.

Thanks again! :)

Most reactions