What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad and Google syncing

Xplorer1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had my iPad set up to sync mail, contacts and calendar with my Gmail account, using the Exchange server method that I found described in several places on the web. It was easy, and worked a treat. I've now changed my Gmail address, and I cannot get either the native mail, calendar or contacts app to sync. When I went through the account setup process, it all verified OK, but at the point where I should get prompted about syncing types, nothing happens. I just get the Done dialog box and that's it. I've downloaded alternative clients and they log into my Gmail account and sync just fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

sandee ferebee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes but what about syncing the notes section within contacts I do not get those from my iPhone into my 2 iPads and other iphone

Tinhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Utterly amazed and annoyed by Google's decision to remove support for Google Sync for new iDevices. I am now letting my gmail become a huge spam filter and forwarding anything useful to my new icloud email account. I am sure I won't be the only one!
While the gmail app is better than it was, the text of emails on the ipad is OK but is just too small to read if I am using it on my iPhone.

Most reactions

Latest posts