What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Air available in Australia

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This morning Friday 1st November we began selling the new iPad air. By 11 am most of our 16gb stock was sold with many back orders in the system

We are one of the many major retailers in Australia selling iPads usually at a price below apple stores. Unfortunately unlike Apple we have very small margins. That's life

Oh before you ask Australia east coast is 18 hours ahead of West coast USA

ozzy666

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK

I used to be able to use my Bigpond account on my ipads, but it no longer works.
I work around by safari to Telstra Bigpond, then mail, etc...but that is cumbersome and long winded.

I have recently been on a cruise where you pay huge sums for each minute of web time, and $100 bought me about 3 emails with all the fiddling.

So any advice on how to set up bigpond.net.au on an ipad as of March 2016 would be greatly appreciated.

OP
col.bris

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Telsta and some Bigpond accounts were moved to Microsoft a while back The following should help you

iif your email account is on the BigPond Email platform, and not on Outlook.com, the following settings apply:

iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
  1. Tap Settings, and then tap Mail, Contacts, Calendar.
  2. Tap Add Account in the Accounts page
  3. Select Other
  4. Enter your email address and password.
  5. Tap Save.

personally I recommend setting up a gmail account and forward all mail from big pond the Gmail but that is your call.

Hope it helps Regards Colin

ozzy666

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Telsta and some Bigpond accounts were moved to Microsoft a while back The following should help you

iif your email account is on the BigPond Email platform, and not on Outlook.com, the following settings apply:

iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
  1. Tap Settings, and then tap Mail, Contacts, Calendar.
  2. Tap Add Account in the Accounts page
  3. Select Other
  4. Enter your email address and password.
  5. Tap Save.

personally I recommend setting up a gmail account and forward all mail from big pond the Gmail but that is your call.

Hope it helps Regards Colin

OP
col.bris

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
By the way I recommend creating s new thread in our help section. However as yu are an Aussie I am the one most suited to help yu

Administrator, iPad forums

ozzy666

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Colin.

Yes, I have done just that a few hundred times..also tried mail.live.com(microsoft platform big pond used) and now there seems to be "...something... Blue" involved in th server.
Telstra are no help, the Filipino staff refuse to understand the problem and keep trying to sell me one of their "Selected Problems" for which they have solutions.

Apple want $40 to talk.

Gmail works fine.

How to forward Bigpond stuff to my G-mail account..?

Thanks for your help.

OP
col.bris

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Telstra is a pain since they moved every thing Log into gmail via a browser. Go to settings look for accounts and import 4tab from left. Import mail and contacts

You can still use your big pond account for your contacts just use the big pond address in your reply address. Personally I would advise your friends etc to use the gmail account as it just works.

Administrator, iPad forums

Most reactions

Latest posts