What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random pop up messages

Elephant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have this problem where what ever I'm doing on my iPad when im not signed into my apple iD, Like if I'm on safari, music, messages, notes etc. I always get a random pop up message telling me to sign into my apple iD. I know that this isn't really a problem, but is it normal? Does it happen to any of you?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just don't sign out of my AppleID. It prompts for password when making a purchase, so why would I need to sign out?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No. Something must be running in the background. 4finger swipe up the screen to reveal the multitask bar, then long press on any app until a minus sign appears. Close 'em all. That should stop any messages from apps you are not using.

Let us know if it works so we can try other things, or so the info is useful to other people with similar problems. I've never run into this before.

OP
Elephant

Elephant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
No. Something must be running in the background. 4finger swipe up the screen to reveal the multitask bar, then long press on any app until a minus sign appears. Close 'em all. That should stop any messages from apps you are not using.

Let us know if it works so we can try other things, or so the info is useful to other people with similar problems. I've never run into this before.

Hi thank you for your suggestion. I know up about this task bar thing and I disable apps all the time using it. The weird thing is I disabled all the apps and then it happened when I went to safari. And it's happening while I'm writing this too. Should I do a reset?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Couldn't hurt to try that. If that fails I think you are left with no choice but to restore.

Most reactions