What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Air 2 screen colour changing

lhm16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CAE811BE-4C5C-4E9D-BCD5-4BC04EAF8DBC.png
My screen has been changing colours, as per photo attachment. It has not been dropped or had any liquids spilt on it. Please help. Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t see the problem in your photo. Just how are the screen colours changing?

OP
lhm16

lhm16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry about that. I forgot that screen shots do not reflect variations if the screen pixels are wonky. It changes similar to a 3D movie where the colours become extremely bright and almost see through. It comes and goes but I believe some people hit the back of their iPad very hard to solve this? I am hesitant to assault my iPad and would love to know if there is an alternative. I have done many reboots , to no avail.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry about that. I forgot that screen shots do not reflect variations if the screen pixels are wonky. It changes similar to a 3D movie where the colours become extremely bright and almost see through. It comes and goes but I believe some people hit the back of their iPad very hard to solve this? I am hesitant to assault my iPad and would love to know if there is an alternative. I have done many reboots , to no avail.
What you have where a slap on the back of the iPad seems to fix the problem is usually a loose display connector. A more permanent solution in that case would be to open up the iPad and firmly seat the display connector.

OP
lhm16

lhm16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thankyou. Is that hard to do?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thankyou. Is that hard to do?
It's very easy to break the screen when opening up the iPad. Unless you're very experienced in iPad repair it's best to have Apple or an authorized repair shop do the work. A diagnosis at an Apple Store Genius Bar would find the actual cause of your problem and recommend the best solution.

OP
lhm16

lhm16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again for your help. I will look into getting it fixed at an Apple Genuis Bar.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is this an Air 2or iPad 2. What’s the model number ? If it’s an iPad 2 aka model A 1395 , the slapping the back of it may help. A firm slap in the center back will do it. May take multiple tries. If it is the air 2 , slapping won’t help.

Most reactions

Latest posts