What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Air 2 Issue (Colour)

Silvya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, if this is in the wrong section feel free to inform me of it but I really just need and want my iPad to be fixed ASAP.

Here's the issue, my iPads colour is messed up as if everything was highlighted and I would love a way to fix this that is preferable inexoensive. It'd also be helpful if you coul tell me the source of this problem, thanks!
image.png

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What, exactly, is the problem? I can't see anything wrong in the screenshots.

OP
Silvya

Silvya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What, exactly, is the problem? I can't see anything wrong in the screenshots.
You don't see the off-colour? Hang on I'll take a picture of it with my phone and then post it.

OP
Silvya

Silvya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is that color change system wide or only in certain apps and sites?
It happens to everything, even sometimes previous pages will be faded onto the next one. It just seems to sometimes happen then fix itself.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like it could be an Accessibility setting.

Go to Settings/Accessibility/Invert Colors and make sure it is turned off.

There's another setting in there which will invert colors with a triple click, but I can't remember where it is. That may be where your problem lies.

OP
Silvya

Silvya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds to me like it could be an Accessibility setting.

Go to Settings/Accessibility/Invert Colors and make sure it is turned off.

There's another setting in there which will invert colors with a triple click, but I can't remember where it is. That may be where your problem lies.
I know about that, but I can assure you it is definitely not that, I'll get a few screenshots so you can compare.
Normal:
image.png

Inverted Colours:
image.jpeg

Strange Colour Glitch:
image.jpeg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you considered having the iPad diagnosed at an Apple Store Genius Bar? They would do a full diagnosis to determine the exact cause of the problem.

BTW, a screenshot will never show any problems with the screen because the screenshot is based on the video signals sent to the screen not what is visible on a possibly defective screen.

OP
Silvya

Silvya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you considered having the iPad diagnosed at an Apple Store Genius Bar? They would do a full diagnosis to determine the exact cause of the problem.

BTW, a screenshot will never show any problems with the screen because the screenshot is based on the video signals sent to the screen not what is visible on a possibly defective screen.
No I haven't but it's not always like this, it switches in and out. Does this check up thing cost money?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No I haven't but it's not always like this, it switches in and out. Does this check up thing cost money?
Genius Bar appointments are free and if the problem is software related the solution is also usually free. If there's a hardware problem and your warranty is expired, they'll tell you what the repair cost will be.

Make sure to show the techs at the Genius Bar those photos of your iPad screen acting up, it could help them diagnose the problem

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hello Silvya - I agree w/ Scifan.. above, i.e. a trip to an Apple store or an authorized Apple dealer if the former is not available in your area is likely your best option - in the meantime and if not already tried, have you 'Reset' the iPad? If not, then hold both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears (may take 10 secs or so), release and let the device reboot - doubt that this maneuver will help but is simple & quick and does not affect any of your data, apps, or settings. Good luck - Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts