What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Addict Gets in Trouble for Refusing to Turn Off Device On Plane

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If this was my flight attendant (I didn't say stewardess!), I would do anything she said!

vintage_stewardesses_2.jpg

Last edited:

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've flown on quite a few airlines over the years and they've allowed me to use electronic equipment, (my laptop, and my GPS).

Many airlines now supply power plugs so you can use your gear without worrying about batteries. A few airlines are even supplying onboard wifi (for an extra charge of course), so passengers can browse the net while in flight.. The only time I've seen the cabin staff getting fussy is during take off and landing. (Those are the two most critical parts of the flight).

I suppose the chances of a passenger's equipment interfering with the flight crew is almost non-existent.. But as long as the powers who regulate the airlines feel the regulation has to be there, I'll comply. I' hope that those in charge of my safety will err on the side of caution.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A local airline in our country has dancing crews :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqh8e2KYIrU[/ame]

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can add me to the group that think that the stories one or two airlines are handing out is just BS.

If the old interference wives tales are true, why is it just some airlines and not all of them? Are those airlines running on crystal radio, tubes, and tincans with strings?

If the boogeyphone stories are true, then we are all full-scale starkers crazy to even consider setting foot on an airliner!! All it would take is a couple people sneak-texting under the edge of the tray table to send us screaming to the ground.

If we really believed this stuff, we would all be insisting that all the phones, laptops, etc., be locked away in a compartment,with the batteries removed.

If the planes are so susceptible and low-tech as they suggest, routes should be planned to avoid flying within miles of high-power lines, radio towers, or cell towers.

Sorry, If I really believed those stories, and someone tied me to a seat, and forced me to fly, I would be screaming the whole way, and running out and kissing and hugging the ground after we landed.

Fortunately, . . . I am not buying their scary stories.
I can fly and nap.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While flight attendants and intercom announcements do ask that cell phones and other electronic equipment be turned off there are no meaningful checks to see if this was actually done. That alone tells me how much an issue it is: it's pretty much an honor system. Could you imagine if that was how airport security was handled? "You don't have any knives, weapons or explosive devises do you? Excellent, please proceed."

And last I checked cell phone use on airborne aircraft was prohibited in the US by the FCC not FAA--I believe because traveling hundreds of miles per hour over cell networks was not something those systems were designed to handle.

Fin a

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
to me it like one person said it a old wives tale ..along with now days you have inflight sat tv and internet along with phone on the planes..

it more for safety dureing a landing and takeoffs are the pilot of the aircraft are the most worryed about getting aircraft onto or off the ground and if something does happen that the worst area to have some one who is texting and will not move out of the way because they have to finish the texting that message ..for we all have meet that person when it time to do something they are on there phone texting to the person and will not move or get out of the way to have someone pass them or to move the line up in the line when it time to move ..

Most reactions

Latest posts