What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Escaped with my iPad

csllanna

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wouldn't know all these things if I don't have a chance to joint with the iPadForum.net.

Passengers of an AirAsia flight-AK5218, an Airbus A320, was carrying 124 passengers and six crew members, experienced a rude shock when the aircraft skidded on the Kuching International Airport runway upon landing on the night of 10 January 2011.

image-629528011.jpg

The incident happened around 10.15pm during a heavy downpour. The plane had landed on soft soil on the edge of the runway. After the plane stopped moving, passengers said a flight attendant instructed them to calm down. At some point smoke became visible in the plane, leading to the opening of exit doors and activation of emergency slides.

As a result of the incident, services at the airport have been was disrupted, with up to 11 flights to the airport affected. On the other hand, AirAsia Group Chief Executive Datuk Seri Tony Fernandes tweeted later on: "Working hard to remove aircraft. All passengers are home."

image-1966428949.jpg

However, The Borneo Post received a call from Balai Ringin assemblyman Snowdan Lawan, who was on the plane with his wife Melinda Claudia, regarding the incident around 10.30pm.

image-101388396.jpg

Published news: He said the first thing he grabbed was his small cabin beg as it contained important documents. Snowdan, who is Parti Rakyat Sarawak (PRS) deputy secretary, said he travels regularly and had never had such a bad experience before. He even lost his shoes in the mud. He and several others had to walk barefooted to the fire and rescue centre where they received attention from airport staff.

Original post: He said the first thing he grabbed was his iPad as it contained important documents.
"As we were seated in front, my wife and I were among the first to get off the plane. In fact my wife went out after me. I had to save the iPad," he said.

Although the published post was a little bit different with the original post that we have from the web, and of course Snowdan's response had been critiqued but at least I know one thing, he cherishes his iPad.

Chinese Dedicated iPad Forum Index Page:http://www.ipadforums.net/chinese-dedicated-ipad-forum/
Malaysian Dedicated iPad Forum Index Page:http://www.ipadforums.net/malaysian-dedicated-ipad-forum/

Sources of document :
1) AirAsia plane skids at Kuching airport

2) 客机滑出跑道.雨中降陆失控.130人幸无恙

3) Aircraft skids on KIA runway

4) crash landing at kuching airport

5) How on earth did he even get elected?

6) Airasia plane skidded

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts