What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 5.1 untethered jailbreak soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to greenpoison and redsnow on twitter, an untethered jailbreak will be released from Pod2g soon for iPad 2 and iPhone 4S on 5.1.

But iPad owners, do not update yet! We do not know the exact release date yet, we just know it will be in the near future.

As always, keep a backup of your tweaks and stuff with a backup app like PKGBackup, so the update process will be easier.

Now, we wait and let Pod2g work his magic. :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
All pod2g has said is that he is working to find vulnerabilities in 5.1. That is VERY DIFFERENT from a jailbreak being in the near future. In fact I would place a large bet on it being several months...

Sketchie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, it's going to be out soon? I wasn't expecting it to be out for a couple of months or so according to the the tethered jailbreak thread I read a couple of days ago. This is great news.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
All pod2g has said is that he is working to find vulnerabilities in 5.1. That is VERY DIFFERENT from a jailbreak being in the near future. In fact I would place a large bet on it being several months...

I said soon. Not a definite ETA.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to be clear - here is the EXACT tweet made by Pod2g:

"Hi, I've no clue, but I'm working actively on finding vulnerabilities in 5.1.â€

No where does it say say "soon" or give any time line. All we know is that someone from the jail breaking community is working on it. And, TBH, we could already assume that someone is working on it - this is not news.

Please have patience and try not to do too much reading between the lines and making assumptions.

With that, this thread has run its course and is now closed.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions