What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 4 w/ 16GB Owners

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a question for those who own an iPad 4 (or 3) with 16GB…How many of you are satisfied with the amount of memory you have? What do you mainly use your iPad for? Do you think you should have purchased 32GB or 64GB instead?

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a question for those who own an iPad 4 (or 3) with 16GB…How many of you are satisfied with the amount of memory you have? What do you mainly use your iPad for? Do you think you should have purchased 32GB or 64GB instead?

This completely depends on your usage of the device...
Number of apps and amount of video/music media you want with you on the device.............I would be hurting with anything less than a 64GB model.

But I just purchased an iPad 4 16GB for my wife <for Christmas> as she mainly does web surfing and email stuff.........16GB will be more than enough for her.

c ellmate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a 16GB owner who only had 8GB for the last year with my rooted kindle fire to move up to the 32GB was another $100 if I thought I would need it. After considering I still had 4 GB free on my Fire I figured hey I can always add more with other options for about the same cost. To be fair I'm a cloud slave and only put songs and videos on when I know I'll be out of wifi reach.

Last edited:

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the 4th gen 16 gb iPad and its prefect for me..... I have lots of apps and games and music.... I do have the amazon cloud mp3 app too so that helps with music too....only have my fav music on here the rest in the cloud! :-D

OP
teralpar

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thinking that 16GB should be enough for me...I just received an iPad 2 w/16GB last week. Previously I had a Kindle Fire (1st gen) that only had 8 gig, and I currently have a Nexus 7 w/16 gig since August 2012 and I still have 9 gig available. I mainly use my tablets for web browsing, emails, games like Zynga Poker, Sims Freeplay, WWF, and streaming music and videos. I only have around 200 songs at the most on iTunes as I buy most of my music from Amazon, or stream music from Pandora. Most of the movies I watch are streamed from Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon. I own maybe 20 shows/movies in total between iTunes and Amazon, but have no desire to download them all onto my iPad all at once.

I may upgrade to an iPad 4 within the next couple of months for the better screen, and wondered if I should at least upgrade to the next size (32GB), in case the higher resolution, better camera, etc. takes up more space. But since I don't think I would store a lot of music and videos on it in the first place, 16GB should be fine for me (and cheaper)!

scott_R1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4th generation here. 4.8 gigs left and I'm satisfied with the 16 gig model. I have a few games, but I mostly use mine for banking, and on line purchasing. Print shop pro and quick office are the main apps I use but I have many others as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts