What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am SO glad to see that more people are getting the "great news"!! Gremlin.....couldn't agree more....i hope I don't scare the Fed Ex man when I sprint to his truck, screaming "Yes it is FINALLY here!".

scarlett, my dear, where is that copy of your e-mail stating you will be receiving your iPad on April 24. You are the only one that has received such and we all are curious to see it. Unless, you had to work late for the Government. Sorry if you took offense to my Rhet Butler comment. You must not have seen Gone With the Wind. Please don't flame me for this legit request. LOL:D

Mr sickpup....unfortunately in govt work most of the time it is not a 9-5 job. I already tried to post the shipping info from my iPhone and couldn't. I will post the shipping info as soon as I am able. Just promise me that once I do you will stop being disrespectful and/or a smart a$$....or is that just your nature?

Missus scarlett, does the bad old government make you work 24hrs a day. Still have not seen a copy of your shipping e-mail. Also show you have been viewing this thread all day yesterday and you were viewing as I type this. Must not get much government work done. Sorry, if you think I am disrespectful, I am just a "Southern Gentlemen" that thinks you are not a lady of your word. As for a$$, just remember everyone likes a little a$$ but no one likes a smart a$$. Once you post, what I believe you do not process, I will drop you like a hot potato. Also it looks like Apple has proven my point with a April 30 available date. :D

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scarlett, my dear, where is that copy of your e-mail stating you will be receiving your iPad on April 24. You are the only one that has received such and we all are curious to see it. Unless, you had to work late for the Government. Sorry if you took offense to my Rhet Butler comment. You must not have seen Gone With the Wind. Please don't flame me for this legit request. LOL:D

Mr sickpup....unfortunately in govt work most of the time it is not a 9-5 job. I already tried to post the shipping info from my iPhone and couldn't. I will post the shipping info as soon as I am able. Just promise me that once I do you will stop being disrespectful and/or a smart a$$....or is that just your nature?

Missus scarlett, does the bad old government make you work 24hrs a day. Still have not seen a copy of your shipping e-mail. Also show you have been viewing this thread all day yesterday and you were viewing as I type this. Must not get much government work done. Sorry, if you think I am disrespectful, I am just a "Southern Gentlemen" that thinks you are not a lady of your word. As for a$$, just remember everyone likes a little a$$ but no one likes a smart a$$. Once you post, what I believe you do not process, I will drop you like a hot potato. Also it looks like Apple has proven my point with a April 30 available date. :D

Shame on you Miss Scarlett. Just reflects the current state of our government I guess...;)

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Well now, we have not seen any copies of your much discussed Apple notice posted here. From the Apple press release it seems very unlikely that it is what you claim. Maybe you are correct, maybe you are just mistaken, maybe you are just a troll, you may or may not be a government employee. In fact, nothing at all has been verified and your credibility at this point is looking pretty poor.

Shame on you Miss Scarlett. Just reflects the current state of our government I guess

Could not have said it better - folks already hate government employees - this adds another small twig to that fire...

BTW, still no charges on my card except for the mysterious $13 "shipping" charge on 4/18. Really odd given that I ordered early on day one, I would have expected that charge to either show up then or just before shipping. I have to believe the official Apple April 30 date, however. Maybe more details and/or explanations will emerge from today's earnings call....

I do have to say it would have been more customer friendly if they had just said "April 30" to begin with. There would be no thread, no trolls, and no anxiety.

Well, at least now we DO have a fixed date, not late but sure as heck not early either...

Last edited:

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was hoping for 24th but glad to have a firm date. Now I return the wi-fi to BB on the 29th and wait on the front steps for delivery of 3G on 30th. :)

JMK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
smiley-violent069.gif

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received a ship notice from Apple today. I anxiously checked it out, and sure enough I will be receiving my order on Thursday. My Camera connection kit that is. I would have loved to gotten my iPad this weekend, but at least a date of arrival is progress.

zeiglepad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are going to be some long inconvenient lines in malls across the country if they make people wait till 5pm to get their ipads at the apple B&M stores.

Last edited:

JMK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are going to be some long inconvenient lines in malls across the country if they make people wait till 5pm to get their ipads at the apple B&M stores.

Are they purposefully making people wait till 5pm to get long lines on the news?

That's what I'm thinking.
smiley-confused005.gif

Fisherman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow some of you are really needing a reality check this is not a big deal it's just a piece of plastic and some silicone! Come on now get a grip. I hope that we don't see someone go postal on us. I am just as anxious as the rest for my 3G but I am able to maintain some sort of calmness. Maybe it's because as I see myself getting older I can appreciate not wanting my life to go by any quicker than it already is and if it takes a week or even a month I know I will get it sooner or later.

I go out everyday like all of you and check the various places for any news or rumors but don't really get too wrapped up in them until I actually have some hard facts i.e. my credit card gets hits for a bundle, then I get excited. I don't see where the name calling and getting upset about all this does anyone any good. It is what it is! There is a song from the 70's by Carly Simon that has some merit here, it's called Anticipation. Check it out and listen to the words.

Now for some interesting possibly good news I discovered while I was perusing the web a bit ago -

"Apple has begun shipping the iPad Camera Connection Kit to customers. The kit allows iPad owners to download digital photos to their iPad using a USB or SD Card interface. There have been reports that the USB interface may also support USB audio, opening the door for 3rd party audio devices to connect."

What else could that interface do we don't know about yet?

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Are they purposefully making people wait till 5pm to get long lines on the news?

That's what I'm thinking.
smiley-confused005.gif

No they're not. They just want to get the pre-orders delivered before making them available in retail stores. The other thing to do would be to make them available via retail on Saturday - which would mean long lines starting at 3am in the morning.

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL, when Apple said late April they weren't kidding! I guess the shipping was changed to priority so the iPad can make it by April 30 or should I say "Late April". I'm not going to sweat it. At least there is a definite date for my iPad's delivery and I can stop looking at these threads hoping to find some news of the iPad 3G's arrival. :cool:

ipad3g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.westmobilerebels.com
Apple hit my cc on 4/19 with pending charge for iPad 3G. When they did the same thing on my case 2 weeks ago, my cc on third day showed the full charge and I received a email later that day from apple that my order was shipped. So I suspect we pre-order folks will see iPad deliveries before the retail release on the 30th. Just my own honest opinion in which I'm sure many will not give a darn.:D

jamstefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well... I'll get to play with my iPad when I return from my trip...

16 hours travelling by plane, no entertainment except my crappy netbook and the crapier movie selection onboard.

Well done Apple.

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL, when Apple said late April they weren't kidding! I guess the shipping was changed to priority so the iPad can make it by April 30 or should I say "Late April". I'm not going to sweat it. At least there is a definite date for my iPad's delivery and I can stop looking at these threads hoping to find some news of the iPad 3G's arrival. :cool:

Yeah no kidding. A few more hours would have made them liars....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions