What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiffchaff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered March 12, 6:08am PDT
Shipping changed to priority when everyone else's did
got the email today at 4:56am MDT
Still no CC charge showing but I have no way to look at pending charges online so who knows...

paul65k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered March 12, 6:08am PDT
Shipping changed to priority when everyone else's did
got the email today at 4:56am MDT
Still no CC charge showing but I have no way to look at pending charges online so who knows...
EXACTLY the same for me except my order was at 9:59AM. I got my eMail at 4:40 this morning (naner, naner):p

Still no action on the CC but I'm keeping my eyes peeled!

I can almost feel it on it's way from Foxconn.....oops I meant Apple, wasn't supposed to know where it was shipping from in China:D:D

chiffchaff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EXACTLY the same for me except my order was at 9:59AM. I got my eMail at 4:40 this morning (naner, naner):p

LOL as long as I get my iPad within 16 minutes of your delivery AND that delivery is no later than this Saturday, I'm OK with it! ;)

This is silly, especially since we really don't know when they'll ship yet, but I'm thinking of canceling all other plans for Saturday just in case...

Last edited:
OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's the magic indeed - we are all reliving our childhoods waiting for Christmas Morning and I for one - LOVE IT!
Gypsy

You're soooooo right....

Yea but from the day I starting peeing standing up - mom and dad told me that Christmas was on December 25th -- not "Late December".

My thoughts exactly DavidNM! I would much prefer a specific date. Understand why we can't have one but it does not make me enjoy it.

iPadManiac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered at 06:45 AM PDT on 3/12. I got the email "update" today (we're still shipping by end of April...). No CC activity and no change in my order status.

I'm still not sure what the point of this morning's email was...unless it was simply to torture us! :D

AppleADay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I can just kick myself for not pre-ordering. I trust, and certainly hope, that your new ipads will arrive at the weeks end and definitely before the end of April. I'm torned...I'm not sure if I should pre-order now or wait for the stores to receive them. How soon do you think they will reach BB and the Apple Stores? What do you recommend? Of course I want it as soon as possible.

Order one now, If it comes into a store grab that one and cancel your pre order before it ships.

Thank you 4phun. I did just that. I ordered the 32 GB 3G. I now have a ship date of by May 7th.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I can just kick myself for not pre-ordering. I trust, and certainly hope, that your new ipads will arrive at the weeks end and definitely before the end of April. I'm torned...I'm not sure if I should pre-order now or wait for the stores to receive them. How soon do you think they will reach BB and the Apple Stores? What do you recommend? Of course I want it as soon as possible.

Order one now, If it comes into a store grab that one and cancel your pre order before it ships.

Thank you 4phun. I did just that. I ordered the 32 GB 3G. I now have a ship date of by May 7th.

You might want to create new support thread for people waiting for the May 7th shipments. This thread is going to get very depressing for you as the rest of us get our iPads. :(

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered at 06:45 AM PDT on 3/12. I got the email "update" today (we're still shipping by end of April...). No CC activity and no change in my order status.

I'm still not sure what the point of this morning's email was...unless it was simply to torture us! :D

I think the email was to confirm that even though they changed the ship date for new orders to May 7th, we were still good for getting ours in "late April". I think that even Apple drew the line at torturing us with conjecture that our delivery sort-of-date had slipped.

-Greg

Last edited:

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1271666990.gif

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still no change to my order. The CCK is still being prepped and no change to the 3G.

AppleADay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You might want to create new support thread for people waiting for the May 7th shipments. This thread is going to get very depressing for you as the rest of us get our iPads. :(

I've accepted that I am going to have to wait it out....but I'm still hopeful that the stores will get them before my ship date, which will be fantastic in my case. Plus, I get as excited watching your updates because it means that mine is near as well. :D

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, in anticipation of my iPad, I decided to download a movie from iTunes for the experience. Long download time, but it went well. I was impressed with the color quality and picture flow.

I had downloaded some videos from Amazon a few months ago, but they do not play well on my MacBook. It is bad enough that I had to load them on windows XP, but the video is jerky enough to notice.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Update regarding delivery April 20 confirmed

By Connie Guglielmo
April 20 (Bloomberg) -- Apple Inc.’s U.S. customers who order the 3G models of its iPad now won’t receive the tablet computer until May 7, a few days later than expected, as the company clambers to meet demand.
U.S. buyers who ordered one of three 3G versions before yesterday will still get their iPad by the end of April, as originally promised, Apple spokeswoman Natalie Kerris said. The 3G model connects to the Internet using mobile-phone carriers’ third-generation service, in addition to Wi-Fi networks.
Apple said last week that demand for the iPad was “far higher†than predicted, leading the company to delay international sales of the device by one month, until the end of May. Cupertino, California-based Apple sold more than 500,000 iPads in the first week after its U.S. debut on April 3

Hope that helps the many of you whom are climbing the wall
Cheers colin down under :):D
user_online.gif
progress.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts