What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G One Week Review

Addicted2it

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having pre-ordered my 3G iPad 64GB early last month, I was not disappointed when it arrived on April 30th via Fed-X and on-time.

As they say in the UK, it's a beautiful piece of kit, and in my estimation, very well-engineered and very well-made.

Connecting up to 3G was a snap. However, it would not work on my home's wi-fi network, probably because a have a dual-band router. It would also not pair with my two stereo Bluetooth headsets.

I visited my local Apple Store, and the people there couldn't have been nicer. They tested my unit on their own wi-fi network, and it worked perfectly. They also tested it using a very expensive Bluetooth headset. It also worked perfectly.

The screen is very bright, but does tend to pick up fingerprints quite easily. It really shows fingerprints in bright sunlight. Too bad they couldn't have made the screen with anti-glare coating.

I loaded most of the free aps, and am very happy with the performance. Been around town and the 3G seems to work in every environment.

I use Skype to connect with the UK, but the Skype program will not allow me to connect.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, Skype will only allow text over 3G. You will need to jb it and have the wifi-spoof enabled so you can talk on Skype over 3G.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Glad you like it, nice review. The WIFI is a problem though, Apple really needs to come out with an update or something. If any old cheap laptop or netbook can connect, why not the iPad?

The BT is an issue as well, but I gave up on Bluetooth long before the iPad. Getting tHings to pair, stay paired and function seemed an elusive dream.....

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have broadband or a wifi network, as I live in the sticks. However my nearest neighbor has satellite Internet and I am able to connect to her wifi from in my house, and that is quite some distance!

The only Bluetooth I have tried with the iPad is the apple keyboard and it connected immediately.

I absolutely am in love with my iPad and everyone who has seen it, now wants one!

melisa121

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heey,
You're in the UK right? Are you in a city, or a little town? Because, I go to a boarding school and I don't get a lot of signal there if i do its only GPRS.
will that convert it to 3g or is there no point in getting the ipad 3g?
sorry stupid question butt thankss xxx

PhotoJim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog.photojim.ca
Heey,
You're in the UK right? Are you in a city, or a little town? Because, I go to a boarding school and I don't get a lot of signal there if i do its only GPRS.
will that convert it to 3g or is there no point in getting the ipad 3g?
sorry stupid question butt thankss xxx

The iPad radio works with 3G HSPA, 3G UMTS, 2G EDGE and 2G GPRS connections, from faster to slower. If you only have 2G GSM the 3G iPad works fine... just slower.

Most reactions

Latest posts