What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G in India with MicroSim!!

senthildent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you would've reached India by now, try BSNL in my experience aircell has very good 3gservice I mean in terms of data speeds. All he best

Ramki1958

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Airtel 3G for my iPad, prepaid connection. Is there a way I can check my prepaid balance? How do I know when I run out of balance, do I assume that when I dont connect, I am out of balance? Thanks in advance for anyone who has a solution.

senthildent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just call the customer care they will help you out. I don't know how to find out in airtel, but can help you if you're a BSNL

araje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Airtel 3G for my iPad, prepaid connection. Is there a way I can check my prepaid balance? How do I know when I run out of balance, do I assume that when I dont connect, I am out of balance? Thanks in advance for anyone who has a solution.

Yup you can. I do it all the time. But you need to jailbreak your ipad for it first. If you have done that, then there are lots of options.
search for "USSD ipad" keywords in google. You will get many options but all need to be jailbroken first.

Anup

sudhanshu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
araje said:
Yup you can. I do it all the time. But you need to jailbreak your ipad for it first. If you have done that, then there are lots of options.
search for "USSD ipad" keywords in google. You will get many options but all need to be jailbroken first.

Anup

Anup can u pls help me to use this?? & tell me I have get iPad 2 from India only, so it needs to be jailbreak???

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ramki1958 said:

If you go to Settings - General - Usage - Cellular Usage here is where you can see the data that you have sent and received. Just reset the statistics at the start of your monthly prepaid and then it will record your data used. Here, Australia I can check with my carrier on the net and see my usage also, but I don't find this very accurate as you never know when it gets updated.
Hope this helps.

raghunath

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
If you go to Settings - General - Usage - Cellular Usage here is where you can see the data that you have sent and received. Just reset the statistics at the start of your monthly prepaid and then it will record your data used. Here, Australia I can check with my carrier on the net and see my usage also, but I don't find this very accurate as you never know when it gets updated.
Hope this helps.

I am also using Airtel 3G prepaid, I am also facing the same problem. Their data usage does not match with iPad data usage. When ever you cannot connect to net, you have to recharge.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
raghunath said:
I am also using Airtel 3G prepaid, I am also facing the same problem. Their data usage does not match with iPad data usage. When ever you cannot connect to net, you have to recharge.

Have a look at the dataman app, it will record your usage and apparently in real time. I haven't used it though but it looks promising.

crashnburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to get a Micro SIM for my iPhone and iPad. I already have a PRIMARY number with Vodafone. I want to get a second one with MTNL or BSNL which gives good Data Coverage & Speeds. I am primarily based in Bombay, frequent Bangalore.. and Pune once in a while, Delhi once in blue moon.. and Travel now and then.

Suggestions on what to go for? BSNL or MTNL?
Where to get it from ? Bombay or Bangalore or a BSNL location outside of Bombay?

ALSO
- If I want to use it as a 2nd number for incoming calls sometimes in my iPhone (some interviews where I dont give primary number) I hope I can do that?
- Or sometimes in iPhone and make iPhone a hotspot :)

Last edited:

senthildent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
crashnburn said:
I want to get a Micro SIM for my iPhone and iPad. I already have a PRIMARY number with Vodafone. I want to get a second one with MTNL or BSNL which gives good Data Coverage & Speeds. I am primarily based in Bombay, frequent Bangalore.. and Pune once in a while, Delhi once in blue moon.. and Travel now and then.

Suggestions on what to go for? BSNL or MTNL?
Where to get it from ? Bombay or Bangalore or a BSNL location outside of Bombay?

ALSO
- If I want to use it as a 2nd number for incoming calls sometimes in my iPhone (some interviews where I dont give primary number) I hope I can do that?
- Or sometimes in iPhone and make iPhone a hotspot :)

I feel you better go for BSNL since they are good in Bangalore and Bombay . About using it as a alternative number for your interviews , it can be used just have to swap it provided you have the sim pin to remove in your wallet. Bombay or B'lore ? The place where you have residential proof is best to go with. Hope I've helped .

crashnburn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel you better go for BSNL since they are good in Bangalore and Bombay . About using it as a alternative number for your interviews , it can be used just have to swap it provided you have the sim pin to remove in your wallet. Bombay or B'lore ? The place where you have residential proof is best to go with. Hope I've helped .

My base is currently Bombay. So I have the paper work ready and got a MTNL Sim for now.
But, I can arrange for residential proof/ paper work in Bangalore also. So, I am curious what would be the advantage of BSNL over MTNL just in case? Do share

pramodkumarm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ve recently fetched an apple's iPad from Cupertino.i am desiring to have some mates who would accompany me in playing multiplayer games is anyone here who would like to be my pal.

jacvar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I would like to pick while in US Ipad with retina display. I am a vodofone subscriber in India. Did I have to activate micro sim from AT & T to get a problem free connection in Mumbai?

senthildent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, not necessary just need to get a micro-sim from Vodafone or cut the regular sim to use on the iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts