What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does ipad 3G works in India? Help!! SOS!!

bachelor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm planning to buy a new iPad 3G from US but I'm very much confused that will it work fine with Indian 3G networks like MTNL and BSNL? I don't have technical information about it. Is there anyone who is using iPad 3G in India? Please clear the questions...

and Please tell me.. Do we have to Jailbreak or it works fine? and if it works fine, why iPad jailbreak is available on internet?

Thanks

semrumo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Ipad is unlocked, so yes you can use it in India, but you will need a micro-sim, or cut a normal one to that size (there are lots of videos on youtube that show you how)

Jailbreak adds cydia, its like an app store but with features that allow you to have full control over your idevice, with costume themes, some tweaks, you can sort of add flash to it with Frash.

I have one and its jailbroken, i can say that its better this way.

OP
B

bachelor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Ipad is unlocked, so yes you can use it in India, but you will need a micro-sim, or cut a normal one to that size (there are lots of videos on youtube that show you how)

Jailbreak adds cydia, its like an app store but with features that allow you to have full control over your idevice, with costume themes, some tweaks, you can sort of add flash to it with Frash.

I have one and its jailbroken, i can say that its better this way.

Ohh.. good..thanks for the useful reply!! It was really helpful.

I've other queries too. If we jailbreak iPad can we update the firmware over internet after jailbreaking? Does it void the warranty? If we can't update after jail breaking then how to revert it to normal as it was earlier? Please Clear me..I want to be sure before purchasing..

and are you from India? are your 3G services working fine?
Please give me your E-mail Id??

Thanks so much :)

semrumo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live in Africa, Angola!!! And yes the 3G works fine here.

You can always update the ipad even if its jailbreaked.

But there is a catch, if you update to a newer firmware you will have to wait for the jailbreak of that particular IOS version.

for example, your ipad is 3.2 jailbreaked, and you have a new update lets say 4.2, you can update to the new firmware, but you will lose your jailbreak. and in turn wait for the 4.2 jailbreak.

so the best thing you can do is jailbreak the firmware you have now and dont update to a newer firmware, unless there is a software that enables the jailbreak on the new version.

My advice is buy it without any worry, you can always come here and ask away before doing something you are not sure if its correct.

sidp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys need some help. I purchased a Ipad 3G for my mother in Gurgaon, and got a BSNL microsim for her. After much waiting, it was activated and now with Bsnlnet as the APN setting, she is seeing the Dolphin logo on the Ipad but there is no connectivity. Can you please help?

Most reactions

Latest posts