What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 32gb 3g problem

Dushtin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So about a week ago i installed tvout2 from cydia. All was fine until it started bugging out and changing the resolution on my ipad. After about an hour of trying to fix the issue with no success I decided to just restore my ipad and install the latest software (4.3.1).

All is well except for the fact that my ipad no longer connects to 3g. It only picks up edge and some weird little o symbol. I took it into bestbuy (i know) and the at&t person there was clueless as was the geek squad technician. Has anyone here ever experiencec this problem and know of a fix? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: ive been a long time lurker on the forum but only recently made an account. Hi ;)

OP
D

Dushtin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is also on an ipad 1. Already tried complete reboot, reset network settings, and toggling airplane mode. Already ejected and inserted sim card too.

Last edited:

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Just a few thoughts...

Have you tried disabling 3G and reenabling in the network settings?
Do you have some info in Informations about your provider?
Are you in automatic mode for your provider?

Maybe playing around with the different 3G settings like Airplane mode, tethering, etc...

When on edge, can you access the Internet?

VicoPad addict!

OP
D

Dushtin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fixed it.

went to the AT&T store and had them replace the sim card. It still wasn't working but then I tried restoring again and now it works.

Most reactions