What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 with no A6?

Mksanva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the next iPad will only have the retina display, better camera and Siri and I thinks it will be called iPad 2S with the iPad 3 being released next September with new processor and new look. Anyway that what my crystal ball says.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the next iPad will only have the retina display, better camera and Siri and I thinks it will be called iPad 2S with the iPad 3 being released next September with new processor and new look. Anyway that what my crystal ball says.

The 's' on the end of recent products was to denote 'Speed', therefore I couldn't see any iPad 2s not have an improved cpu. If anything it would be iPad 2hd but I genuinely think the next iPad will have a higher res screen which would be enough to classify it as an upgrade to many and to justify the iPad 3 title. If the A6 is available by then though, I imagine we would see this too. My hope is they would up the RAM as well as there are some demanding apps that could really use the extra RAM, regardless of how well IOS 5 runs on 512Mb.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They cant bring the A6 as iphone 4s has just released and it wud be like hitting the nail in their own foot!

Sent from my iPad 2 white 64 gb (ios 5.0.1) using iPF

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They cant bring the A6 as iphone 4s has just released and it wud be like hitting the nail in their own foot!

Sent from my iPad 2 white 64 gb (ios 5.0.1) using iPF

Why not? Last years iPad 2 had the A5 first then the iPhone 4s followed that. Who is to say it won't be the same this year - iPad 3 gets A6 then the iPhone 5 gets it later?

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a hypothetical, but if the ipad 3 didn't have the A6 quad core processor, would you still want to buy it?

My view, battery life is key ... if the A6 can offer more performance and not demand more power, tis a winner. Rumors are pushing for higher screen resolution ... it is critical that the decision be for scalability so apps don't have to be rewritten. A better camera is important, with anti shake, I have trouble holding my iPad2 still so the photos are in focus. Siri should be a must, and Broadcom has just announced a new WiFi chip that makes data transfer fly. With iCloud, Siri and video streaming demands, our biggest foe is the carriers ... they want your pocket book and are the limiting factor in internet life. Apple is pushing Thunderbolt hard wire fast data transfer. There is talk that the standard 30 connector can accommodate Thunderbolt functions include fast battery charge. I personally think the 7" iPad is just media conversation ... not much merit, but gives them something to post. The key markets are Medical, graphics, and mapping services ... they can use the higher resolution. We all want production apps ... they are coming. I'm not excited about Microsoft Office, though Excel is king in the spreadsheet business.

Last edited:

MelvinTopaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reading here I saw that one or more of you thinks the ipad3?will have Siri. I have Siri on my iPhone and what I like most is the speech to text feature which can be accomplished with an app. Do you really think having Siri tell you the temperature is worth an upgrade to a new tablet?

om87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it has a much better screen and still runs as fast as the ipad2 I would definitely consider it.

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I predict A6 chip, retina display, and 4g lte. All for their current prices

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
Chsib myself

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Hey freebirdforever, you've got to get with the program. The new iPad3 will likely incorporate A6 SOC, higher screen resolution, perhaps a more efficient battery to still get 10 hours or so, and then here comes Siri. This is a blow away feature. Bye bye the need for a keyboard... We'll just talk and let the ipad do the typing for us. Oh my goodness, what I can't do with that one ... coming from the silent one.

Have fun.

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
if the new ipad3 dont have the new chip it will be fine as long as they put a little more memory in it and it will have more of the other stuff i will get one

Most reactions

Latest posts