What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A5 vs A6

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am you going to either get me a iPad 3 or 4. All the specifications seem the same except for the iPad 4 has the A6 installed. Is there that much difference in speed between the A5 and he A6?

Reference: I am using the original iPad now but want to upgrade.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, the A6x is twice as fast. If money is not a concern, get the iPad 4.

OP
WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Yes, the A6x is twice as fast. If money is not a concern, get the iPad 4.

Then that is what I will look I to. Thank you.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

A wise choice, I do believe.

y3e2etyg.jpg

Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Please remember that it has that 8-pin lightning connector, so all your things with 30-pin connectors won't work without some extra cable or go-between. Personally, I like the lightning connector but it may cost some money if you have a large investment in 30-pin stuff. Over the years, we have ended up with lots of 30-pin cables.

OP
WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Please remember that it has that 8-pin lightning connector, so all your things with 30-pin connectors won't work without some extra cable or go-between. Personally, I like the lightning connector but it may cost some money if you have a large investment in 30-pin stuff. Over the years, we have ended up with lots of 30-pin cables.

I have heard that before. I do have a few of the 30 pin wires. Why do you prefer the lightening connector?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have heard that before. I do have a few of the 30 pin wires. Why do you prefer the lightening connector?

Mainly because it is reversible, so it goes in either way. It also seems to make a more solid connection, too.

OP
WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Mainly because it is reversible, so it goes in either way. It also seems to make a more solid connection, too.

That is neat. I am happy for that because I ate to have to figure on which way to put the charging cable,

It is like on a vehicle. I had a Ford and the key fit either way. But when I drove a Cheverolet the key one fit one direction.

Most reactions