What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3....What would you like to see or predict for the next model.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The hd display, quad core, hoping for close to the same battery life though... As for the exterior I'd like something similar to the ipad1 design, and hoping they'll keep the aluminum backing. Better cams are always a must.

breezur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
china_cat84 said:
I doubt Apple will even do a USB port....but it would be nice! What would be even better is if the charging port and cord allowed for 2 way transfer of files from computer iPad and vice versa. Without the need for iTunes.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

You're right the idea of a two way transfer via the cord does sound a lot better then a USB port. Just some way to import files other then photos or Bluetooth/cloud services would be nice.

PCUK

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is only one thing needed - for Apple to accept that many people want their Ipad to replace their laptop so the first thing is a proper keyboard like Heartwriter uses perhaps. Then connection to an external hard drive and more processing power. The toys for geeks (like cameras and film viewers) are pretty well catered for!

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple will not add features that compromise the long battery life, so driving any USB devices is out of the question.

-t

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't want them to either!! The incredible battery life is what sold the iPad to me. No more searching for power outlets!! The iPad is just great the way it is; I don't want to have to connect my iPad via cables to anything, wireless is fine by me!! We have 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth - I can upload/download files, print, connect to wireless keyboards, why would I want to return to the dark ages of cable connections?

Tim

Shikamary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
xsilverleafx.tripod.com
I honostly wish they wouldn't rush these things since iPad 2 uses HTML 5 and I run into a few hiccups with it in safari. Html5 needs a bit of work or better developers that use it to its full potential where it can also be used to display animations on the menu and lock screens of the new up and coming iPad. That way android needn't boast and flaunt their flash capabilities anymore.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PCUK said:
There is only one thing needed - for Apple to accept that many people want their Ipad to replace their laptop so the first thing is a proper keyboard like Heartwriter uses perhaps. Then connection to an external hard drive and more processing power. The toys for geeks (like cameras and film viewers) are pretty well catered for!

Isn't that a MacBook Air?

The Archangel

iRule

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HDMI output port built in.
Retina screen display
Surround sound speakers
Better rear camera
As always faster, lighter, thinner.
Ability to place gadgets where I want like on a android machine or even a iblank app like iPhone has.

I agree with all this,do not expect a price drop.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't want them to either!! The incredible battery life is what sold the iPad to me. No more searching for power outlets!! The iPad is just great the way it is; I don't want to have to connect my iPad via cables to anything, wireless is fine by me!! We have 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth - I can upload/download files, print, connect to wireless keyboards, why would I want to return to the dark ages of cable connections?

Tim

Tell us how you really feel.:D

Oh, and I agree!

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ability to program iOS apps directly on iPad instead of having to invest in another apple computer.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd also like the ability to include folders within folders. Even a limited number would be appreciated.

Most reactions