What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 to buy or not to buy???

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kitkat3709 said:
I love mine , but this corner (bottom left in landscape) yellow issue is driving me crazy. Very small, but I can see it. Going to the Apple store tomorrow. This is the 2nd one I have had screen tint problems with. The first one was really bad.

Sent from my IPad 3rd Generation 64 GB LTE Black :)

I decided not to look for problems that are not there. Other words, I'm not swapping.

Sent from my IPad 3rd Generation 64 GB LTE Black :)

Konoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobiledevice.blog.com
Yes, there are always issues with any products, and some peeps will experience these issues, and some peeps will be extremely unlucky, that's life, but for 99.9% of sales of the new iPad you won't experience any problems and will love it.
Your words are full of philosophy, and it is really that the life is just like what you said.:eek:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an original iPad and for two years did not have one problem in regular use. I bought a new iPad which I received on time, the first day it was available. I have not had one problem with it. With any device, there is a learning curve. There are also those who want to find fault because of varied personal issues.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to take ur advice on buying the new ipad. I dont have any previous generation but from what i have been hearing so far ( wifi problems, battery problems, heating...) i was wondering if it would be more wise to buy the ipad 2 rather the new ipad.
Thank you

If you had an iPad 2, I'd advise to stick with it.
Since you don't, I'll suggest you get the iPad 3

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had a Nook color and HP Touchpads and another Android tablet. I jumped on the iPad because I'm a screen junky. I loved the screen the moment I saw it, and retina is pretty crazy. Although I prefer AMOLED displays, the retina is pretty amazing.

As far as the upsides/downsides here is my take as a non iOS user prior to my iPad.

Positives:
Screen is amazing
Battery life rocks ( 10+ hrs easy especially on my wifi model. I have been on it all day, recorded about 15minute of video at the air show and played air supremacy online for 30 minutes and I have 15% left since 9am.)
Well built (feels good after playing with some 'premium' tablets using plastic for the rear panel)
iOS is built for tablets. Sliding panels in twitter and most other apps is very nice.
The camera is amazing for a tablet (see included photo)

Negatives:
iOS gets annoying (lack of a back button, most navigation buttons on top of screen gets old in portrait mode)
A little heftier than the iPad2 but it's worth the extra weight.

Not a factor:
Warm back - don't listen to the others. The back gets warm but is nothing unusual. If you've ever picked up your laptop after running for a while and it's warm under it, that's what it feels like.

All in all I love my iPad and wouldn't trade it for anything at this point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1333255446.316754.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1333255446.316754.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 267

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you seek perfection, you will not find it.
If you look for problems, you will find find them.
If you accept a flawed world, it will accept you.

Sweetchinmusic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buy it, enjoy ur journey with it. whether it's good or bad, it's gonna give you something to talk about....

Most reactions