What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 to buy or not to buy???

koko884

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to take ur advice on buying the new ipad. I dont have any previous generation but from what i have been hearing so far ( wifi problems, battery problems, heating...) i was wondering if it would be more wise to buy the ipad 2 rather the new ipad.
Thank you

ajcgn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had no problems with my iPad 3 so far. Wifi is the same as my 2, heating is a little more than my 2, but only on some apps and not uncomfortable, I haven't tested the battery drain, but the 3 does take a lot longer to charge.
Biggest difference is obviously the resolution. I love the retina display. If you compare the 2 and the 3 side by side and don't care about the resolution difference then go for the 2 as a used one would be way cheaper.

pastorpatsue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had an iPad 2 and loved it. Sold it on Craigslist and bought my iPad 3 and it works even better in some ways and just as good in all other ways. I can feel more warmth than the 2 but no real concern there. No wifi issues. I had an AT&T 32 gig iPad 2 and now have a 64 Verizon iPad 3. It has been JUST GREAT!

It takes a little longer to charge but I do it every night and after using it a lot all day, I usually have over half the charge left. No issues with that.

cmmgar15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was in the same boat. I took the dive (or actually my wife bought one for me to shut me up lol) and although I've only had it for a day I LOVE IT. No problems so far at all. I've had 2 iPhones so not much of a learning curve for me. The screen is just awesome...it's hard to explain how cool this thing is. I do recommend a full protective case if you do decide to get one I have the otterbox defender and it's perfect. Hope this helped and good luck...by the way I have the 32gb white Verizon 4g

cellur111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd buy the iPad 3 if I didn't already have an iPad before..might as well get the newest version

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love my 3!! keep in mind millions are sold and yes there will be a few with glitches but apple takes care of those . But they are the exception not the rule. You will always here more about the problems then the ones that have no issue

Texas Holders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had no problems with my 3. There are a lot more of us that have had no problems than those that have. The difference is, you typically don't create a thread when you don't have any issues.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Texas Holders said:
I have had no problems with my 3. There are a lot more of us that have had no problems than those that have. The difference is, you typically don't create a thread when you don't have any issues.

Words from the wise! Thank you Texas Holders.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Yes, there are always issues with any products, and some peeps will experience these issues, and some peeps will be extremely unlucky, that's life, but for 99.9% of sales of the new iPad you won't experience any problems and will love it.

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Plus the ones that are happy are busy exploring their new toys or seeking new apps and accessories...

Can't believe I spent nearly $150 on new apps in the past 2 weeks. Not to mention the case and headset...

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
koko884 said:
Hello,
I would like to take ur advice on buying the new ipad. I dont have any previous generation but from what i have been hearing so far ( wifi problems, battery problems, heating...) i was wondering if it would be more wise to buy the ipad 2 rather the new ipad.
Thank you

Most of the new iPad "Issues" are false.... People complaining about battery heat is not an issue. Wifi problems is probably 1 out of thousands. Don't get the iPad 2 and get the new iPad, that screen is beautiful and the 1 Gig of RAM makes a difference.

Get the new iPad!!!!!!! :) and in White.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Perspective is important. 3 million + iPad3's. A tiny percentage have problems.
If you take the plunge and don't like it, return it for a full refund ;)

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perspective is important. 3 million + iPad3's. A tiny percentage have problems.
If you take the plunge and don't like it, return it for a full refund ;)

Yeah, but, perspective is hard for some people ... the chicken little story does not just apply to chickens :eek:

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love mine , but this corner (bottom left in landscape) yellow issue is driving me crazy. Very small, but I can see it. Going to the Apple store tomorrow. This is the 2nd one I have had screen tint problems with. The first one was really bad.

Sent from my IPad 3rd Generation 64 GB LTE Black :)

Most reactions

Latest posts