What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 not charging

jason1259

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a iPad 3 16gb wifi only. If I turn it on, it will only show the apple logo and then the iTunes logo. Plugging it in to the 10 watt charger will cause it to display the red battery charging symbol (indicating the battery needs to be charged). It does not seem to charge. I have replaced the charging port, but nothing changed. Does this mean I have a defective battery? Is it possible that there is a problem with the logic board?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a iPad 3 16gb wifi only. If I turn it on, it will only show the apple logo and then the iTunes logo. Plugging it in to the 10 watt charger will cause it to display the red battery charging symbol (indicating the battery needs to be charged). It does not seem to charge. I have replaced the charging port, but nothing changed. Does this mean I have a defective battery? Is it possible that there is a problem with the logic board?

Have you tried using a different power outlet? Try using a different cord and charger.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Have you tried resetting(rebooting) your iPad?
Simultaneously hold down the On/Off and Home buttons until the screen blacks out. Keep holding both until the white Apple logo appears and then let both go. Then wait until your wallpaper appears. Restart your iPad.
This has often been a cure for a number of apparent software problems.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
J

jason1259

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I appreciate the suggestions. I have tried different outlets, cords, chargers, and the reboot. If I do the reboot, it never shows the Apple logo. When it comes back on it goes immediately to the charging/low battery screen. Do batteries really fail that often on iPads?

Most reactions