What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 no sounds

Railamayo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, I bought an ipad 3 for more than 2weeks already Ived been having a problem with my sounds since last night there is no sounds on anything music, games and other apps. I already check the status from sounds it seems that the ringing is the only one that can produce sounds. I also change the slide from mute to lock screen the double tap of home key to check if the mute button are activated and still no effect I hope someone could help me. Very much thanks in advance

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Railamayo said:
Hi guys, I bought an ipad 3 for more than 2weeks already Ived been having a problem with my sounds since last night there is no sounds on anything music, games and other apps. I already check the status from sounds it seems that the ringing is the only one that can produce sounds. I also change the slide from mute to lock screen the double tap of home key to check if the mute button are activated and still no effect I hope someone could help me. Very much thanks in advance

Common bug....perform the following

From settings/Use side switch To/select Mute

Now mute iPad from side switch. (red dot will be visible on switch when set to on)

Now unmute ipad from side switch. (red dot not visible when set to off)

Now test and sounds will be working again.

OP
Railamayo

Railamayo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
z said:
Common bug....perform the following

From settings/Use side switch To/select Mute

Now mute iPad from side switch. (red dot will be visible on switch when set to on)

Now unmute ipad from side switch. (red dot not visible when set to off)

Now test and sounds will be working again.

Appreciate your suggestion. I already did this but still the same. I think I'llhave to go to
Istudio and let them check it thank you again....

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Railamayo said:
Appreciate your suggestion. I already did this but still the same. I think I'llhave to go to
Istudio and let them check it thank you again....

Hmmmmm

Sure sounds like the common issue if system sounds are working while in app sounds are not.

If your iPad switch was already set to mute when you followed steps change it to auto rotate then change it back to mute.

Also make sure side switch is in off position before following the steps to fix.

So system setting on auto rotate, side switch in off position, proceed with steps described in previous post.

Most reactions

Latest posts