What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 3 connection to COMCAST thru Airport Express?

jbcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have IMAC (10.5.8)with ethernet and wireless....and just purchased a MAC Airport Express. I hooked it up directly to the comcast modem and it works fine as a wireless for the MAC. I can see the wireless network I named on the iPAD 3 wireless but cannot seem to find the right setup of wireless protocols for the IPAD to see and operate on the wireless signal it is finding. I can see every neighbor's wireless stations and my own....but I cannot get it configured right.

I called COMCAST and got an idiot....who said. Call Apple. Has anybody been through this or is perhaps Apple Airport Express not compatible with COMCAST? The Apple Store said it should work.....and it works well on my MAC Work Station on Wireless connection to my Comcast modem....what the hey? ;):mad::(

Last edited:

Mini_mi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi jbcn,

If I understand you correctly, you are saying you have a Mac computer hooked up which works fine, but your iPad sees the wireless network but wont connect to the internet. The first question I would ask is did you password protect your network, and on the iPad when you select your network does it ask for a password? Secondly, are you actually selecting the network you want to attached to in settings>wi-fi>choose network?

Most reactions

Latest posts