What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airport express and the ipad 3

andytvcams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having just purchased two 1st/2nd airport express for the purpose of having music playing in two rooms im having problems in finding the mutable speakers option on the ipad 3.

I can see two separate boxes for the airport express but it only gives me the option of playing one or the other but not both.
However if i go to itunes on the the pc it shows both airport express units and a multiple speakers option

IF itick both airport units or the multiple speakers opttion on the pc music plays in both rooms.

Can anybody help?.

OP
A

andytvcams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i would have to say yes and no the reason i say this is that if i go to itunes on the PC and tick play mutable speakers i can then control my music through the ipad.

However i have to leave the pc running,if i switch it off i am as you have said left with with two Airport express but can only play one at a time.

Which then brings me to some of Apples adds showing a individual wondering from room to room with their ipad giving the impression that they can control the whole house just using an ipad.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
In your first example, you are merely using the ipad as a remote for itunes on your PC, the ipad is not directly playing the music to the Airport expresses, the PC is. This is why you need the PC on, it is the source of the music.

I still stand by my previous statement, the ipad is incapable of airplaying to two or more expresses at a time.

OP
A

andytvcams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still stand by my previous statement, the ipad is incapable of airplaying to two or more expresses at a time.

Im not disagreeing with you. a lady who bought a new ipad and two Airport Express units based on what i thought mine would do has wasted some of her money as she doe not own a PC

As for me i see littile point controlling my music from my ipad if i have to leave my PC running 24/7.

Most reactions