What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 3 bluetooth pairing unsuccessful

kunzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello
I've had the ipad3 for a year now and only started taking videos. However, I cannot mail the vids to myself to save them on my pc so I started to pair my samsung ultrabook with the ipad but though the ipad discovers the pc it fails to pair saying that ultrabook could be out of range when they are both side by side. The ultrabook pairs and even gets the passcode but not the ipad. I am getting very frustrated. Please help!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, kunzie! Welcome to iPF!

You can use Bluetooth on your iPad with accessories such as headphones, headsets, and keyboards. That's why it doesn't detect the laptop. With a stock iPad it's not possible to transfer files just using Bluetooth.

OP
K

kunzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you, how do i go about it? thank you and sorry if the question's stupid.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To import the videos to your pc, you could try this: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4083

You could also install some software on your computer, to get this done. A search for "transfer videos ipad to pc" should get quite a few results.

Next possibility: use cloud storage to get them to your computer. There are some, like Dropbox, Google Drive,... that can be accessed on a pc as well, and they sync between devices, which means: once you saved a file to Dropbox (e.g.), it's available on your pc as well, and canbe transferred to your computer from there.

There are also apps in App Store which promise to move photos/videos to a computer quickly, like this one: https://itunes.apple.com/at/app/sync-photos-to-storage-simplest/id740485263?l=en&mt=8
Here also: search in App Store. Maybe you'll find some more than the one I can show you here.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Most reactions