What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2012 power/volume buttons do not function.

millerl513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Ipad2 version and just replaced the power/volume cable and these buttons still do not function?? I have good feelings on the buttons as I believe that I did a good install! I am in a quandry---any suggestions would be appreciated.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've deleted the other two posts you made on this same topic. We allow only one post/thread per topic as multiple threads on the same issue can fragment any resulting conversations, making them hard to follow.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Ipad2 version and just replaced the power/volume cable and these buttons still do not function?? I have good feelings on the buttons as I believe that I did a good install! I am in a quandry---any suggestions would be appreciated.

First, welcome to the forum! :) Second, please tell us specifically what guide you followed to replace the hardware on your iPad2? Whether you did a 'good install' is obviously open to question since the buttons in question do not work. If not already done (or used), please look at the iFixit Guide for your specific problem and let us know if you indeed did the installation correctly? Dave

OP
M

millerl513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First, welcome to the forum! :) Second, please tell us specifically what guide you followed to replace the hardware on your iPad2? Whether you did a 'good install' is obviously open to question since the buttons in question do not work. If not already done (or used), please look at the iFixit Guide for your specific problem and let us know if you indeed did the installation correctly? Dave
I have literally spent hours on YouTube fololowing many repair videos to trying to get a good grasp of the repairs needed!! And those videos were invaluable!! LOL---it still does not work!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are actually three possible failure points for a button; the button itself, the cable, and the logic board it connects too.

You may have done an excellent install on the cable and simply been unlucky in your guess of what needed replacing.

Or a dozen other less obvious things could have gone wrong.

OP
M

millerl513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I just ordered a new Wifi cable (as the old one got severed during the opening of the clam) and I will replace the new volume/button cable just in case the installed cable is defective, and then see what happens. I am very patient with all of this, as this Ipad really has me pissed off!! It is a good thing that these parts are readily available and inexpensive!!

Most reactions