What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adhesive on power cable

juan11041970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to replace the power cable on my ipad2, but the adhesive that it came with is not strong enough and it doesn't stay on at all. I was wondering if anybody knows of any other adhesive and/or glue I can use in order to get the cable installed. I want to make sure that it is something that doesn't interfere with the functionality of the cable.

I don't want to have to buy another cable (I shouldn't have to).

Thanks,

Juan A.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, it is the power ribbon cable inside the ipad. The adhesive onv the new cable is old and it is not sticking.

Hi Juan - welcome to the forum! :) I've not tried to repair an iPad so have no personal experience and also am not sure the level of your experience nor what 'guides' you are using to assist you? But if not already done, you may want to visit the iFixit Website, and find the appropriate guide that addresses your situation - let us know the results. Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts