What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2

ivanmarkchang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rumors say it's likely it will release in time for Christmas 2010.

with FaceTime.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And where are you hearing such rumors??? The 4.* iOS update will be released in November so it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever at all that Apple would put the 2nd generation iPad on the market so soon. It's really not a rumor, it's just wishful thinking on someone's part!

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should start my own tech blog that just rehashes loads of other rehashes of random BS rumours that someone with no connection with the actual story posted as idle speculation on the Internet six months previously.

I think it'd be a hit. After all - the rest of these jokers get away with it.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds believable ~ but have you ever known anything, from Xbox, to Ps3 to Care Bears, to any hot new item that is to be available by or for Christmas, not be advertised starting in September, if not earlier?

I have not.

Especially, by Apple. Trust me, I have learned a lot from the folks here and if this was going to happen, they would know.

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got an iPad 2-3 weeks ago but would buy iPad 2 or galaxy tab when released late this year. this tablet has become very handy for me and takes place of my notebook 90% of the time and I haven't even booted my 5k water cooled i7 Desktop!

Last edited:

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would not be surprised actually, but I would most definitely be pissed off.

Let's see, face time, retina display, 512 megs ram, just to even out with competitors and their own iPhone.

The ram thing is what gets me mad the most. They gimped this version on purpose knowing darn well their upcoming iPhone 4 had more memory. This has to be a pita for developers wanting a standardized platform, and the biggest screen, highest res igadget has 256megs ram?!?!

I tell you one thing, as a first time apple owner, this would make me doubt buying another. Unless apple offers a very generous trade up program.

Last edited:

tosh.jc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it were true that Apple plans to release a second generation in time for the holidays, they'd face a real quagmire regarding publicizing it. The iPad is HOT right now and people are buying them as quickly as they're manufactured. They're on a roll. If they were to announce today that the second generation iPad is to be released for the holidays (meaning, just a few months from now), sales would come grinding to a halt as people, already aware of the device's limitations, would opt to wait for the new model that corrects these limitations. So if they did have a new release pending, they'd probably make it a surprise release with very little forewarning, but major fanfare once it finally hits the market.

If it did have all of the bells and whistles that people think it will, would I buy it? I'm very satisfied with my first generation, but these tech wizards have a way of making you feel inferior for settling for the inferior generation of material, which was designed intentionally to be inferior to create more demand for later improvements. Working in the wireless industry, I've seen it for years: a new, groundbreaking device is released, but with one crippling limitation. Nothing will ever be released with everything the masses want. There's always something missing, and I'm certain that this is by design.

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've read lots of rumors and even if they were true, I still haven't heard anything that would make me sell my current iPad and upgrade. Facetime? Meh. More memory? Meh Retina screen? Meh. And the biggest rumor that I don't care about is the 7 inch screen. I think Samsung made a big mistake making the Galaxy Tab with a 7 inch screen.

Luke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd be pretty pissed if 8 months after international release of the ipad they released a far superior version... especially since they did cripple the existing version..

tosh.jc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would not settle for a 7 inch iPad. The screen right now is perfect, in my opinion. It's the ideal size to carry about in a bag without straining the neck and shoulders, while being big enough to comfortably watch movies and browse the internet. If they want to bring out a 7", fine, as long as they don't retire the current size.

irwaffles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would not settle for a 7 inch iPad. The screen right now is perfect, in my opinion. It's the ideal size to carry about in a bag without straining the neck and shoulders, while being big enough to comfortably watch movies and browse the internet. If they want to bring out a 7", fine, as long as they don't retire the current size.

I agree, the iPad is a great size right now. I get a lot of use right now in school downloading pdf files and then following along in lecture, it works beautifully and I think a 7'' screen would take away from that. However once I'm out of school I think I would be interested in a slightly smaller (if anything thinner) device. I don't think my movie/picture viewing experience would suffer dramatically from 7'', but in academia I think it does.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wouldn't seem wise to release a new version less than a year after the first. Good way to piss off a lot of users.

Most reactions

Latest posts