What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 wifi

microgab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So i upgraded my ipad 2 to 6.1.2 and my wifi range sucks...I've tried most solutions i tried searching online and nothing seems to work. All my devices work perfectly (iphone, macbook, apple tv, laptop, computer). I study in networking and I did try all the basics steps. This issue isn't only happening at my place, but every where (only on my ipad). Is there something I can try to make it work further away than 2 meters away from the router.

Thanks! :)
Gabriel

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So i upgraded my ipad 2 to 6.1.2 and my wifi range sucks...I've tried most solutions i tried searching online and nothing seems to work. All my devices work perfectly (iphone, macbook, apple tv, laptop, computer). I study in networking and I did try all the basics steps. This issue isn't only happening at my place, but every where (only on my ipad). Is there something I can try to make it work further away than 2 meters away from the router.

Thanks! :)
Gabriel

Have you tried resetting your network settings? To do so, go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.
If that doesn't work, have you tried resetting the router?

Last edited:
OP
M

microgab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^Hey thanks for trying to help!
I did try that, did a full restore, tried it at my friends place also. And it is always the same thing, I can connect no problem when I am very close to the router itself. If I move a few feet away (about 15') it goes down to 1 bar and I can't surf or do anything. Am I the only one with that going on?

Most reactions