What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 wi-fi help plz

JasonCB1012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am about to purchase an ipad2 either in store or on ebay.. and i am just looking for the ipad 2 wifi only 16gb, my question is, will i be able to get wi-fi access right off the bat without having to do anything but turning it on? espesially if i order it off ebay? like do i need to pay for some sort of data plan? or what, mainly wondering so i can jailbreak and unlock it. Thanks much.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wi-Fi is a wireless local area network, local networks are like the internet you will have at home. There is nothing to pay like a data plan because it will be your wireless internet at home or a local cafe. The iPad will work as long as you connect to that network and setup the wifi adding any password if is required in the wifi you connect.

stick2e - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Last edited:

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JasonCB1012 said:
I am about to purchase an ipad2 either in store or on ebay.. and i am just looking for the ipad 2 wifi only 16gb, my question is, will i be able to get wi-fi access right off the bat without having to do anything but turning it on?

You need to be within a Wifi hotspot that your iPad to connect to. Some public places like cafes and libraries will provide free Wifi, for example. Most users also set up a Wifi network at home using a wireless router/modem, so that their devices can connect to and access the Internet.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wi-Fi is a wireless local area network, local networks are like the internet you will have at home. There is nothing to pay like a data plan because it will be your wireless internet at home or a local cafe. The iPad will work as long as you connect to that network and setup the wifi adding any password if is required in the wifi you connect.

I like this. I'm stealin it for my notes. :D

Most reactions

Latest posts