What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wi-fi help!

JasonCB1012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am about to purchase an ipad2 either in store or on ebay.. and i am just looking for the ipad 2 wifi only 16gb, my question is, will i be able to get wi-fi access right off the bat without having to do anything but turning it on? espesially if i order it off ebay? like do i need to pay for some sort of data plan? or what, mainly wondering so i can jailbreak and unlock it. Thanks much.

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah after you plug it in to your computer to register it, you will be able to use it on your home wifi network or any wifi network.

Last edited:

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your iPad will auto recognize any wifi available and attempt to connect. If it's an 'open' wifi when you will be connected right away. If the wifi has a password system or and acceptance of terms requirement then you will have to respond to that request before you will be connected to it. You can also connect to your cell phone if your cell phone is set up that way. I connect to my Droid X all of the time with my iPad if there are no other wifi connections available.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no data plan for WiFi

Data plans relate to 3G. You will not have that access if you purchase a WiFi only pad.

Why would you need to jailbreak it?

Most reactions

Latest posts