What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 white bar across screen

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi I have been speaking to my woek with regards to any old Ipads they have that they may be getting rid of, they have told me they have 2 ipad2 64gb 3g card slots.

1 has a smashed lcd screen, this would obviously need lcd screen or digitiser replaced, i have not seen it so have no idea how bad the smash is.

1 has a white bar running across the screen ? Is this easily fixable, is there a fix without buying parts ?

Kind regards

Allan.

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here is the white bar problem

Attachments

• image-2119724046.jpg
    image-2119724046.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,074
  • image-3087824939.jpg
    image-3087824939.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 681
OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is it fixable without replacing parts, i.e like you say above could the video processor cable have cam detatched and just needs re fitted inside ) ?

looks like the other ipad2 ld works just a smashed screen which do you recommend to repair cheapest ?

Last edited:

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the digitizer is bonded to the screen (may not be??) so the cost to repair may be the same.

OP
J

jockmcd

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Probably best to go for smashed acreen as i know thia 1 works the front screen is smashed that is all, thx.

What is yhe latest firmware an ipad2 64gb can update to wifi ans 3g card alot, i will move to next thread after this thank you

Kind regards.

Al

Most reactions

Latest posts