What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Touch Screen Locks after 2 seconds of Inactivity

rmehta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have bought a brand new iPad 2. The iPad screen stops responding after (approximately) 2 seconds of inactivity.

Immediately after pressing the on/off (sleep/ wake) button I can slide to unlock the iPad and continue to use it if I do not let 2 seconds gap intervene between screen touches. If for any reason I do not touch the screen for 2 seconds the iPad screen stops responding until I push the sleep/wake button again giving me another 2 seconds to go into the same cycle as before.

This has been the case ever since I took it out of the box. Have tried restoring and updating the OS but that has not helped.

If anyone has faced this and knows the solution - would love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Additional Info - As long as I keep a finger on it the screen keeps responding.

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Rmehta-Welcome to the forum!!
I am going to take a stab at this and ask if you have checked your settings/general/autolock? Check to see what it is set for? Two seconds it very fast-I am referencing my ipod (IPAD is charging)...and the minimal setting is 1 minute before auto-lock kicks in.

Let us know if that does not help you.

OP
R

rmehta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, thanks.
It was set at 2 minutes originally. I tried changing it to never, but it made no difference. Two seconds is indeed quite fast, nowhere near the sort of options that are listed, so I'm guessing this is a hardware problems of some sort.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is really strange. You tried to restart and/or reset your ipad as well and no change?

OP
R

rmehta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup. Reset, upgraded, restored to factory settings.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you should make an appointment with Apple and speak to a Genius or call Apple Customer Care.

Is is doing it with a particular app? Perhaps quitting that app may help...but I am assuming that you have done that as well. :(

OP
R

rmehta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again - there were no apps running at the time...

lynchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,

I had a similar problem, well I still do with my iPhone 3G, it was dropped by a friend causing the sleep/wake button to automatically go on and off!

Not saying you dropped yours but definitely could be a button malfunction?

Definitely get to the apple store as suggested!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts