What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 suddenly will not send AOL email

TD20

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My mother has an Ipad 2 and uses both gmail and aol email accounts. She has had this set up for several months with no issues. Suddenly, a few days ago, the AOL account will no longer send emails. Instead, the email is placed into the Outbox. The gmail account on the Ipad works fine. I logged into her Aol account on the computer and sent emails without problems. I added her AOL account to my Iphone and was able to send emails. On the Ipad, I shut it down, I rebooted it (little white apple logo etc), I deleted the AOL account and reentered it at least 3 or 4 times. The password is correct.

I have exhausted my knowledge of things to try and would really appreciate any thoughts or help you can provide. Given everything that I've tried, it seems to me that the issue is not with AOL in general (since I can send AOL mail from other devices) nor with the IPAD/Wifi etc (since I can send Gmail messages and access web pages.)

THANKS!!!!

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
TD20 said:
Hello everyone,

My mother has an Ipad 2 and uses both gmail and aol email accounts. She has had this set up for several months with no issues. Suddenly, a few days ago, the AOL account will no longer send emails. Instead, the email is placed into the Outbox. The gmail account on the Ipad works fine. I logged into her Aol account on the computer and sent emails without problems. I added her AOL account to my Iphone and was able to send emails. On the Ipad, I shut it down, I rebooted it (little white apple logo etc), I deleted the AOL account and reentered it at least 3 or 4 times. The password is correct.

I have exhausted my knowledge of things to try and would really appreciate any thoughts or help you can provide. Given everything that I've tried, it seems to me that the issue is not with AOL in general (since I can send AOL mail from other devices) nor with the IPAD/Wifi etc (since I can send Gmail messages and access web pages.)

THANKS!!!!

You've probably done this already, but have you checked the settings for outgoing mail on the iPad? Mine says stmp.aol.com.

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I think you made a small, but important, typo...

smtp.aol.com

Tim

You are of course right Tim. Thanks!

njm1013

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

THANKS!!!!
I am having the same problem. I replaced my iPad with a new one, and now cannot send emails. The message says I have the wrong password bit I cannot find where to fix it. Have you discovered anything? I can send emails just fine other ways, but not aol.

Most reactions