What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can receive email on AOL but can't send

Nerak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to replace my router. After many difficulties finally got everything up and running. During the process had to reset my AOL password. Now I can receive emails through AOL but cannot send any. It states "user name or password for SMPT:[email protected]@smtp.aol.com is incorrect". I don't understand what this means. I have an IPhone which is working with AOL, also a laptop works fine. I have set up a Yahoo email account on IPad and it works fine but I would really like to be able to use my original AOL account. Can anyone guide me as to whether I have settings wrong or what? Thanks.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
the email account should have a password set for both receiving and sending.
While in email settings you may have to go into the advanced section to change the SMTP password.

since you can receive but not send, it sounds like you updated one of the two with your new password.

OP
N

Nerak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fixed it before I saw your post, but thanks. It finally dawned on me to just delete the account, then to open a new one just like when I first purchased my IPad. I used the same user name and same password, and everything is working perfectly now!

Most reactions

Latest posts