What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 suddenly cannot send mail - the server does not allow relaying

Scottbarton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blueyes! I think I have fixed it!
I manually added the Smtp settings again for the AOL outgoing mail server. I inputted the username and password which was highlighted as optional, I then disabled the default primary aol server.
Emails have been sending ok since I did this.
Try that and let me know.

Last edited:

blueyes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Scot I have turned Primary server off and have other on and it's still not working? Can I talk to you direct, as I just Don't know what I am doing wrong?

TheBigShed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I had the same is issue and the answer was that my email address had been compromised by hackers they simply were using my email and address book to send emails
I was informed by my ISP either I stop using my main address as in relaying from my iPad and to use a separate account it's the ISP that stops you sending emails from your iPad or from your email on a server
Hope this helps
Need anymore give me a shout

blueyes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DONE IT! You wonderful people, THANK YOU so much.. I was changing other instead of adding a completely new smtp address.. Now I'm a happy bunny again :) mwah

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
blueyes said:
Tell me about it! So thankful for being a member of this sight :) x

Still frustrated here. Mine is not an aol account. Still having the relay issue.

blueyes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Horsewoman, I would imagine it will work with whatever account you have! Have you tried adding a new smtp server?

locoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
b00bie said:
OK shooting from the hip here I have a POP3 account with a small ISP after I updated to OS5 I had the same issue. My outgoing mail server requires password authentication to connect to the server and the password was deleted during the update. I don't know if your AOL requires such a password. i went into Settings>Mail>selected my account>Outgoing Mail Server>Primary Server and filled in the host name, user name and password and that fixed the problem for me. Good luck

I had the same problem with a nan-aol email account and did what boobie suggested and it fixed the issue.

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
blueyes said:
Horsewoman, I would imagine it will work with whatever account you have! Have you tried adding a new smtp server?

Still frustrated here. It is totally random. No aol involved. Changed server info as people have said to do here with no luck. It always tells me that the recipient was rejected and indicates my email address because the system doesn,t allow relaying but it says this when I remove myself completely from the recipient area but it is only on random emails, mostly to my biggest client, but I can send to others fine. This is bizarre and really causing me stress any other suggestions?? What are people using for the Verizon server? That's what I have.

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Still frustrated here. Random relaying problem mostly to my biggest client. Anyone have Verizon as outgoing server? What are your settings?

ianwilson81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome just saved me a hell of a lot of time I've been on for about 2 hours until I found this forum 5 stars from me

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ianwilson81 said:
Awesome just saved me a hell of a lot of time I've been on for about 2 hours until I found this forum 5 stars from me

Ugh, I'm still having the same problem.

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Really struggling with this. I cannot seem to resolve this problem.

Can someone share their outgoing Verizon settings?

Trying to change my setttings now to what the Verizon tech told me to do and it won't verify at all. Just get the spinning wheel. I'm at my wits end. Verizon is also screwing up my home email throughout Outlook, blocking emails to regular clients and contacts and sending them back to me saying they are spam!!! It is becoming an enormous problem. I have been in touch with numerous people there with no luck at all. VERIZON SUCKS.

Last edited:

Most reactions