What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot Send Mail

noeldc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone help?

I have set up 2 pop emails on my new ipad2 I am receiving e-mails with no problems and everything is syncing with my calendar correctly but everytime I try and reply to an e-mail I get the following error message;

Cannot Send Mail
A copy has been placed in your Outbox. The recipient "******" was rejected by the server.

Stuck :(

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you sending from your 'home' network - i.e. the network from your broadband service provider or a 'foreign' network - say at Starbucks etc?

Do you use SSL secure log-in for your SMTP sending mail server?

If you're using the 'old' port 25 then most email service providers won't accept that 'relay' from an unknown network because the sender's identity cannot be authenticated. So you'll need to switch to SSL and then you can use authentication for sending email too.

If you need help to set this up, just let us know.

Tim

Aubs14321

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Set up help

I am having the same problem as above, but need help changing the port from 25 to SSL. To clarify, if I switch to SSL port when using anything but my home network, the mail will send because it can be authenticated, yes?

I know how to make the change on my macbook pro, but I'm new to my iPad, so I don't know how to change the ports and couldn't find it in settings/mail.

Help please!

Most reactions