What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 stuck on apple logo

SONY007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Basically what has happen is this: I was installing resupported 4.0 from cydia onto my ipad which is running 5.0.1 and the installed got to the end and just stayed there, it didnt give me the option to respring device or anything and pressing the home button or the power button did not do anything so I ended up press both buttons and put the ipad in RECOVERY MODE if thats what it's called when the apple logo is on the screen. Now I've tried tiny umbrella to exit recovery mode - no joy and I tried using Itunes, neither worked. My ipad has been like this now for some time now 18hrs:smack:, Any idea how I can get my ipad back to working order?

Cheers

EchoFortuna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a backup of all your files that are on your iPad I suggest resetting it back to factory settings and then re-installing all of your files that way. Then of course re-install your resupported cydia. Other than that I have no idea what else will work without having to remove anything. Maybe it's simply a bugged version of your OS? I don't know I've never had anything other than iOS on my iPad.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basically what has happen is this: I was installing resupported 4.0 from cydia onto my ipad which is running 5.0.1 and the installed got to the end and just stayed there, it didnt give me the option to respring device or anything and pressing the home button or the power button did not do anything so I ended up press both buttons and put the ipad in RECOVERY MODE if thats what it's called when the apple logo is on the screen. Now I've tried tiny umbrella to exit recovery mode - no joy and I tried using Itunes, neither worked. My ipad has been like this now for some time now 18hrs:smack:, Any idea how I can get my ipad back to working order?

Cheers

Usually, holding both buttons [to get the white Apple logo] is a way of resetting ("rebooting") the iPad. It's not recovery mode...

Regardless, try using "Mobile Substrate Safe Mode" to get your iPad into Safe Mode. See this thread for how to put the iPad into Safe Mode: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/72725-new-mobile-substrate-update.html

Essentially, all you do is initiate the reset, then hold the volume UP button until the iPad comes back to life.

That Resupported 4.0 tweak may be installed and just messing with your iPad. So, if you can get into Safe Mode, you can get back to Cydia and uninstall the tweak.

So, try that and see if it works? Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts