What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 stuck on apple logo after installing resupported4+ on iOS 5.0.1

mateo012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's my predicament... i got an iPad 2 running jailbroken 5.0.1.. i was trying to get it to tv out when I installed resupported. The screen froze so I hard rebooted the ipad, but it got stuck at the Apple logo. I tried putting it in recovery mode and kicking it out with tiny umbrella but it did not work. I tried booting with the mobile substrate safe mode by pressing the volume up and power button, but the ipad turns back off after a few seconds. Im guessing I did not update it and missed the handy substrade disabling feature. I am currently downloading ios 6.0.1 but I do not want to loose all of my data plus my jailbreak.. I don't know what to try.. please help! How can I get to my home screen without a restore?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Before we do anything else, try the Mobile Substrate safe mode again: Start the reset process (hold the sleep and Home buttons until you see the white Apple). As soon as you see the white logo, press and hold ONLY the volume UP button. Keep holding it until your home screen [hopefully] appears.

I recommend this because your description of your Safe Mode attempt had the procedure incorrectly described. Hopefully, this will work and you will be able to get to your home screen. Then, you can go to Cydia and remove that offending tweak.

Let us know how it goes?

Marilyn

OP
M

mateo012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried it several times to no avail. My version of mobile substrate was old and did not support this feature. I downloaded tons of programs like iExplorer, iFunbox, and tried to us Winscp to ssh into the device and fix it, but none would allow me to access it on boot. I put my ipad in DFU mode, then kicked it out with Tiny Umbrella, then put it in recovery mode several times and kicked it out. I left the iPad off, plugged in to my computer overnigt (I stayed up till 4 trying this) When I woke up, the homescreen was miraculously on, but with cydia and other third party apps and even safari disabled. I sshed in with iExplorer and erased funky looking files in the the Dynamic Libraries folder and restarted the device. Voila! that did it. Thanks for your reply! :)

alexx4444

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!
I have EXACTLY the same issue. (iPad2 5.0.1 jailbroken with absinthe + resupported4+ )
I screwed my ipad after i tried installing resupported4+ and after that i tried the volume up trick with no success.
Next I tried iFunbox and getting into DFU/recovery mode and kicking out with tinyumbrella.
Now i will leave my ipad hooked to the laptop and will hope for a miracle.
Is there any other solution , cause i have many photos and videos on my iPad which i desperately need?

alexx4444

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPDATE:
After I did the same things as you , I left the Ipad2 charging.
After an hour it just booted up!!!
It was definitely magic !!!

UPDATE2: Just be sure to delete ALL the files containing resupported in their name from the dynamiclibrary folder (/library/mobile substrate/ dynamic libraries /)

After that reboot your device , remove resupported from cydia - respring and update mobile substrate.
The key to the entire problem is to leave the iPad charging for some time (maybe a few hours) and it will eventually boot after many retries.

Last edited:
OP
M

mateo012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, I'm glad that what I did helped you solve your problem. :D I also had tons of photos from my exchange year that I could not afford lloosing. I don't know why the iPad eventually boots, but it does. I backed up all my photos now to be safer. Also, make sure to update mobile substrate so that this safe mode feauture is available for further incidents. ;)

alexx4444

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, that accident teached me one great thing - NEVER keep valuable files on any portable device and always back up everything to a safe place e.g. external hard drive.

Most reactions

Latest posts