What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 restore questions

rocko08

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey.i need to unjailbreak as my ipad does not respond to touches except for the jailbroken multitasking gestures and im stuck at the homepage only able to bring up my multitasking bar using the 4 finger swipe up. all my buttons are working and when i press it they respond but when i touch for eg. to open an app, it does not respond at all and if i swipe left to go to the next page, nothing happens. the only way out is to restore? and i tried to restore it but when i plug my ipad2 into itunes, and press restore, it asks me to update to 4.3.5. will this brick my ipad? because i think my uncle did u once when he updated without restoring and his iphone had problems. i wondered if it will happen if i update my ipad to restore while jailbroken, will any harm be on my ipad? or even brick it? or is there a solution to fixing the unresponding to touches problem without restoring? i think my springboard perhaps has crashed because before this happened i was installing the source §- moderator deleted -§ or something to have free in app purchases and while it was installing, there were many red text and errors and stuff like that and even when i was installing §- moderator deleted -§ and many app and updating my apps in cydia there were many errors already. so what can i do? i dun think i can respring it because only my multi touch gestures can be used. even the SBsetting bar cannot come down activate it. thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We don't support or condone piracy here at iPF. Please read our rules which are linked in my sig. Perhaps if you were not trying to steal so much software by installing those things you iPad would not have had problems?

Since you have already been jailbroken, you should be able to follow this tutorial and reinstall 4.3.3.

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-your-ipad-using-tinyumbrella-shsh-blobs.html

After that, don't be a pirate!

OP
R

rocko08

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whoops! Sorry! Did not realize I was posting illegal info! Anyway, I managed to restart the iPad by pressing both buttons and now it works again. But say if I want to restore to update to ios5, when I restore, they force me to update, and when I update and restore at the same time, will there be a problem like the iPad being bricked or any problems? And I have not saved anything about the shsh blobs or anything to do with tiny umbrella as I found it too complicated and hard to understand through reading the whole thread.

OP
R

rocko08

iPF Noob
Reaction score
then what are the shsh blobs and tinyumbrella for if updating would not brick the ipad? just to jailbreak again?

Most reactions

Latest posts