What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restore problems

scottworland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday i went to jailbreak my iPad 2 and everything went fine. Once i had the Absinthe icon i kept clicking it but it just kept taking me to the green poison website, i also tried the VPN switch thing as well but no luck.

I done some digging around on the net and found a post that said it worked for them with a clean install of 5.0.1 and then restore your personal backup once the jailbreak has been installed.

The trouble I'm having is that i now can't restore my iPad to factory settings, it pops up after it says 'verifying the install with apple' with an error code saying 'the iPad could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (21)'

It then puts the iPad into recovery and i have to use Tinyumbrella to exit recovery mode.

Can anyone help me with this? I just want it jailbroken, i should of stayed on 4.3 because it was jailbroken and running lovely :(

Many thanks in advance

Scott

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed? You should avoid that error if it is fully up to date.
Temporarily turn off anti-virus too if you have it.

OP
S

scottworland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the most up to date iTunes and I have removed sophos from my Mac. I still get the error 21

OP
S

scottworland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think i put it in dfu mode, that's where there is the iTunes symbol and the lead on the screen?

OP
S

scottworland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so i put the iPad into DFU mode and tried to restore and it come up with a new error this time 1600

So i downloaded the stock apple firmware and tried again and held down alt before i clicked restore then selected the apple firmware and still the same error.

Once i got the iPad back running again clicked on the absinthe icon and it still takes me to the green poison website where it says ABSINTHE is now setting things up, please stand-by...

So no change, any ideas?

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not 100% sure but I think error 1600 is caused by a setting in TinyUmbrella.
Make sure "set hosts to Cydia" is unchecked.
Hope that helps!

Most reactions

Latest posts