What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 Release

ziggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not have an iPad yet, but plan to buy the 3G model. Does anyone think the prices of iPad 1 will be lowered after tomorrow's release of 2?

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ziggs said:
I do not have an iPad yet, but plan to buy the 3G model. Does anyone think the prices of iPad 1 will be lowered after tomorrow's release of 2?

If apple keep selling them, they will be lowered around $75-$100 most probably.

If apple do not, expect to see them on eBay etc for quite a bit lower (especially if been used) than the original price.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Usually Apple will put them in the clearance section of their on-line store.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
has anyone checked the apple website for the news and i yet to seen anything yet on the release like apple did on the launch of the ipad

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahead of the rest of the world?

Like with their displayport shenanigans? We all know how well the industry has adopted that worthless piece of technology over the last 3 years. FireWire was a bit more successful, but they kept going with that long after most consumers adopted USB 2.0.

I have no problem with innovation. I do have a problem with them going against industry standards and not offering the option to use the industry standard. The majority of other $1000 laptops offers HDMI out, why not the MBP? Oh, because Apple is trying to force displayport down our throat.

What! Lmfao SuperBike really got banned? Damn, lol. He mustve said somethin really crazy. Or he got a Xoom n lost it up here on the forum..lol. I actually enjoyed reading his other side point of views.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ziggs said:

If apple keep selling them, they will be lowered around $75-$100 most probably.

If apple do not, expect to see them on etc for quite a bit lower (especially if been used) than the original price.

I agree however I can't see that much mainly because apple has one of the best inventory control systems in IT in other words they run the stock down and block orders if there is a price drop one can expect around 10-15% max as the dealer margin is only 5%. What could happen is the new ipad entry level price may be lower than $499US which would be nice.

Reaction score
iPadIndo said:
iPad 2, It's faster, times two with A5 Processor, face timer, HD Video, thinner and lighter and smart cover. Apple sold more than 200 million iPad 1, iPad 2 should be more than that.

Where are you getting those numbers from? Apple explicitely stated during yesterdays keynote presentation that they had sold 15 million iPads by the end of december.

benji888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mbdimages.com
someone is getting their numbers mixed up, these are the numbers:

iBooks: Over 100 million books downloaded

just crossed 200 million in iTunes store accounts

160 million iOS devices worldwide, including:
100 million iPhones
(that means 60 million iOS devices are NOT iPhones, they sold 15 million iPads in 2010, so around 44 million iOS devices would be iPod touch's).

...how could they have possibly sold 200 million iPads in less than a year?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Either way, apple's 15 million ipads sold is more thn the combined wholemtablet market inhistory since tabletsmere introduced. Thats a fact. 200 million is way off..lol but still 15 million is wayyyy more thn any other tablet company sold combined, n the tablet lifespan!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And apple did it in less thn 9 months of its release. Only other tech device in history to surpass or projected to surpass is microsoft kinect pepherial for xbox. Ipad broke records n still doing it. Xoom launch daysales were mediogre at best. Ipad sold millions launch day n on preorders.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
someone is getting their numbers mixed up, these are the numbers:

iBooks: Over 100 million books downloaded

just crossed 200 million in iTunes store accounts

160 million iOS devices worldwide, including:
100 million iPhones
(that means 60 million iOS devices are NOT iPhones, they sold 15 million iPads in 2010, so around 44 million iOS devices would be iPod touch's).

...how could they have possibly sold 200 million iPads in less than a year?
Not 44 million iPod touches. You forgot about Apple TV 2G which is iOS too.... so counting the 3 dozen ATV 2Gs sold that is just 43.9999999 iPod touches. ;)

Michael

Most reactions

Latest posts