What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 refurb sales

Joybulb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long it took apple to put the first gen iPad refurbished units up for sale? I figure it will take forever to get a brand new iPad 2 anyways, might as well pay less for it...

Martinm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would say about 6 months, or until they start getting returnes.

I know it took aboout 6 months to get my MacBook from it's original release.

OP
J

Joybulb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
6 months sounds like a long time considering they are already receiving bad ones for the screen issue...

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It took right at about 6 months. As I was scouring for news on their website and subsidiaries for news of iPad 2, they had "sales" for refurbs and clearance sales. By Christmas shopping time, there were plenty for refurb. So I wouldn't expect any before October, which is right in time for my mother's birthday!

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was planning on waiting for the refurb, myself. But then refurbs only save you about $50.00, and buying on Apple you still have to pay sales tax. Buying on macmall, you do not have to pay sales tax in most states. So if you are waiting to save $50.00 buy it on macmall now, if you live in a state where tax is not collected through macmall. If you are waiting for fixes of light leaking and other situations, then Apple refurb might be best.

OP
J

Joybulb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I chatted with sum1 at Mac mall and they do charge tax for Illinois... Oh well I'll just keep calling walmart everyday at lunch

OP
J

Joybulb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did end up getting a 32 gb black wifi at walmart on monday

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keep checking Walmart Last week or whatever...Nobody had any ...Went to my local super Walmart and they had all flavors!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
STi said:
Keep checking Walmart Last week or whatever...Nobody had any ...Went to my local super Walmart and they had all flavors!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

I'm at school and it's a very "old" town but they have stuff for us college kids here. As far as Wally, ours is gettin no more than five at a time because of this and there's no way to know when they have some. You just have to fly by and I don't have a car so I'm limited.

Most reactions

Latest posts