What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 reboots intermittently

Boblins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

My IPAD2 every now and them just seems to reboot without notice. You can be working away but then the screen will go black and the apple icon appears in the middle of the screen and then comes back on after about 10 secs.

Has anybody experienced this before or any ideas?

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score

kc8272

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad 2 keeps doing the same thing, the apple customer care told me to restore to factory settings after a backup and then reactivate. I restored to original settings and now it won't activate. I keep getting an error message saying "cannot activate ipad at this time." It all started when my Ipad kept sending a message that stated "your ipad cannot make cellular calls" which is odd, bc it doesn't make calls.....

then the switching on and off started---

I'm at a complete loss....HELP!

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Turn the iPad off. Then connect it to your PC/Mac while holding home. Wait till iTunes nags at you about restore mode where you'll have to restore the iPad. Please note that you will lose all your data on the iPad.
(can anyone say the steps to DFU mode, I'm very tired right now).

Sent from K48

ohm62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Upgrading to "THE current IOS" (6.0) is what seems to have gotten that elusive problem onto my new iPad...

When Apple messes up, it does it good, and with NO apology.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tweak2 said:
Be sure you have THE current iOS installed.

A newer OS may also have a similar issue. It's very uncommon for an iOS version become completely broken from start. and please don't resurrect an old thread that already got mostly answered.

Sent from K48AP, the classic

Most reactions

Latest posts