What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 on reboot loop

donnanick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, i got an iPad 2 last year. i jailbroke it a couple months after i got it. It has worked fine all these months but the other day i was using the iPad as i usually do when it fell on the floor (not concrete floor to be exact, board flooring and not from a high distance). My battery was at 45% but when it fell then it rebooted and when it came back on it had 7%. Now the Ipad 2 wont charge at all and it keeps rebooting every minute. It starts and i can use it for about a minute then the screen goes blank and reboots and does this continuously. It only stops when i shut down the device. Please help. If i leave the idevice plugged into the wall charger for hours it will charge 2 to 3% the most.

PLEASE HELP ASAP. :(

IOS 5.0.1

Last edited:

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hi, i got an ipad 2 last year. I jailbroke it a couple months after i got it. It has worked fine all these months but the other day i was using the ipad as i usually do when it fell on the floor (not concrete floor to be exact, board flooring and not from a high distance). My battery was at 45% but when it fell then it rebooted and when it came back on it had 7%. Now the ipad 2 wont charge at all and it keeps rebooting every minute. It starts and i can use it for about a minute then the screen goes blank and reboots and does this continuously. It only stops when i shut down the device. Please help. If i leave the idevice plugged into the wall charger for hours it will charge 2 to 3% the most.

please help asap. :(

ios 5.0.1

have you tried re-setting it by holding down the power button at the same time as the home button until the apple logo is visible?

Last edited:

Polar_agent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem... My ipad is not jailbroke
Holding the sleep and home button did not do anything

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, i got an iPad 2 last year. i jailbroke it a couple months after i got it. It has worked fine all these months but the other day i was using the iPad as i usually do when it fell on the floor (not concrete floor to be exact, board flooring and not from a high distance). My battery was at 45% but when it fell then it rebooted and when it came back on it had 7%. Now the Ipad 2 wont charge at all and it keeps rebooting every minute. It starts and i can use it for about a minute then the screen goes blank and reboots and does this continuously. It only stops when i shut down the device. Please help. If i leave the idevice plugged into the wall charger for hours it will charge 2 to 3% the most.

PLEASE HELP ASAP. :(

IOS 5.0.1
Hi donnanick. Bit of a long shot probably but I know this has worked in a similar situation before (See my post 12-06-2012) So you could try it
With the flat of your hand give the back of your iPad about 4 or 5 raps and then turn it off and then back on. Let us know if that worked.
Regards, Andrew

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Polar_agent said:
I have the same problem... My ipad is not jailbroke
Holding the sleep and home button did not do anything

You'll need to hold the buttons down for a while like 90 seconds or so. If you want to try it differently, press and hold the power button until the slide to power off button shows up. Slide the button and wait until the iPad shuts off. Then press the power button for about two seconds to turn it back on.

Polar_agent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@The Ob: amazing! Looks like banging on the iPad back fixed the issue! How is that possible?!!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Polar_agent said:
@The Ob: amazing! Looks like banging on the iPad back fixed the issue! How is that possible?!!

If the problem was caused by a loose connection, a few good thumps on the back of the iPad can sometimes re-seat the connection.

Most reactions

Latest posts