What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 2 random progress bar after update to v 8.3

Buzzyball

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi hope iam on the right forum , can any body help with my problem.
I have a IPad 2 approx just over 3 years old have never had any problems in all that time . This week I was forced to update to V 8.3 as access to the YouTube site was blocked stating I had to update to latest version , reluctantly I did the update.
After update iPad keeps randomly going to a Apple logo with a progress bar then back to where I was this could happen several times very annoying.
After reading on net saying to reset iPad I then did a backup on I tunes ,
Disconnected from comp and did a full reset ( erase all ) on menu options .
Restarted as a new iPad input all info requested but I did not yet do reinstall on comp iTunes.
After all this iam still getting this logo and progress bar randomly appearing ,has this update messed up my once very reliable iPad anybody got any ideas would the Apple Genius Bar help me..??
Thanks buz

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Buz, and welcome to the forum. It's good to "see" you and I hope you enjoy your visits.

It sounds to me as if the update didn't work well for you. Yes, sometimes it happens. :) Did you do it over the air (via your Setting app)? That's where a lot of update issues come from...

My recommendation is to do it all over again - but use iTunes this time. The good thing is that you've already backed up your iPad AND have not put all your "stuff" back on it ... so this should be a relatively fast process.

To do, connect your iPad to iTunes. Once it's connected, click on the iPad icon (in the upper left-ish) so you can get to/are on the iPad Summary page. Then, click on the "Restore iPad..." button.

Once iTunes does all its magic, you will be prompted to either "Restore from New" or to "Restore from Backup." Select the backup you made and iTunes will finish its work.

Hopefully, once it's done, you will have an iPad on the latest iOS and the problems you had will be gone. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
B

Buzzyball

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi thanks for your very quick response.
Yes I did do the restore from settings on iPad wirelessly
I did the restore that way several times but still had the problem.
I have now done the restore using iTunes as you recommended
It seems as though you got it right excellent info iPad now seems to be operating as it should no black page no progress bar appearing.
The only slight problem is when I go to search on safari after typing first letter I lose the keyboard but comes back when I type the second letter .
Thanks for your help.
Buzz

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome! I'm glad it helped and that your iPad is mostly sorted.

For the disappearing/reappearing keyboard - maybe try a restart of the iPad? That's a "turn off and turn on" process; it won't harm anything. Still, and regardless, much better than constant Apple logo, yeah? :)

Thanks for letting us know things got sorted. Always good to hear back - especially the success stories. :D

Marilyn

OP
B

Buzzyball

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update to keyboard loss
I tried the soft reset but didn't solve it.i did some more investigation on net and found this.it seems as though it may be the Google search that's the problem.?
I opened the Google Search click on the little cog wheel top right select from list Search options Change the Google Instant prediction (first option on list )to anything other than what's selected and save at bottom.then come out of menu Keyboard now seems to be working fine hope that the info may help on the forum.
Buzz

Most reactions