What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 owners, any general issues?

Buttafingas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
32gb 3G. No problems here other than fragility. I dropped my 1st ipad2 and cracked the screen.

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had my iPad 2 for about a month and can't put it down. I really didn't think I would like it as much as I do. I'm a windows person. just bought a brand new Sony Vaio and never use it any more. I use my iPad for business, reading, social media, email, you name it. I'm obsessed, felt so bad for my husband I bought him one this week.
My screen is perfect, his is a little yellow but no bleeding issues. Perhaps the only annoying thing is the keyboard correction and not having any arrow keys, but I can actually type pretty fast on it.
I think it will replace laptops eventually. it is just so quick and easy for everything and light weight. I use a keyboard for any serious typing.
I have a 64gb with Verizon but never use that. my husband has a 32gb wifi only.
My husband loves it just as much as I do.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 has minor bleeding (visible only under circumstances I will never use it in) and its screen is decidedly yellow (compared with my iPad 1).

I actually prefer the yellow, though, because it lets my 2 go much dimmer than my 1. With 1, I had to switch to the Atomic browser at night, because it has a lower brightness setting than Safari.

I checked my husband's iPad 1, and his screen is yellowish, too. His is 32GB wi-fi only.

Both of mine are 64GB 3G AT&T.

Last edited:

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sonicrobby said:
I'm one of those suckers who loves new gadgets, especially the iPads. I currently have an iPad original, but the specs and cams of the second one are really tempting me. Though there are a few turnoffs, mainly the bleeding screen and no jailbreak. Are there any other major issues that the iPad 2 may have that you've noticed?

Also, did they ever address the bleeding screen issue? Or are the ipad2s still being ordered have a bleeding screen?

I got 2 iPad 2, 64/3G/ATT, no issues.

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just like most of the people in this thread. I've had my iPad 2 for over a month now and it's running great no bleeding or anything. Only thing that could be better is the camera quality. Other than that I'm checking everyday for a jailbreak. Once o jailbreak my iPad than the iPad is complete :)

bjb148

iPF Noob
Reaction score
chazmink said:
We have three in our family, all 64 gb wifi. None of us have experienced any bleeding or any other issues. Only problem is that they are addictive and we cannot put them down.

I'm wondering...is it the IPad that's addicting or this forum with all the fun, interesting people or the fantastic apps or the games or...well...I'm just wondering.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

AlxiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a black 32GB WiFi + 3G iPad 2 purchased on launch day over in old blighty here (UK) I can honestly say I haven't had any major issues with my device. One very minor gripe at the moment with my device is I have that annoying camera glitch issue, where if you expose the camera to bright light it seems to lose the plot and give me strange lines now and again. Its not a huge problem as I seldom use the camera. Only really if I want to shoot some video or maybe some FaceTime.

To answer a previous question "why is all this so addictive?". My answer is probably that all of this is so accessible. All this data and community is at our finger tips on a device that is so fun to use and is only 9.7" !! :). Saying that my iPad has not killed my MacBook Pro just yet, maybe one day ;).

Sent from my 32GB 3G iPad.

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another "problem" I realized after I'd had mine a while, without 3G there is no GPS.

It'll use wifi hotspot locations, if they're available...I was up in the air when I bought mine and figured if half the upcharge for the 3G was for the GPS, it was a good buy - for me and my needs. YMMV, obviously.

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad2 since end of April. It arrived with no issues and still has none. It's the 64gb wifi version.

r12rtpilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ridesroadsandeats.com
... Though there are a few turnoffs, mainly the bleeding screen and no jailbreak. Are there any other major issues that the iPad 2 may have that you've noticed?

Also, did they ever address the bleeding screen issue? Or are the ipad2s still being ordered have a bleeding screen?

What bleeding screen issue? Mine is perfect, came in the mail on Friday.

Have fun,

Steve

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did have connectivity issues with the first iPad 2 that my husband got for me. However, the one that I have now is perfect.

ps249

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problems here with mine. I bought the black wifi only 32 GB straight from apple.com I love it and use it all the time. I mainly use mine for reading ebooks, streaming video and playing games.

copter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my iPad 2 for about a month and the only differnce from my iPad is that the battery seems to drain more on this one. I did go from a Wifi to a 3g but I have the 3g radio turned off. It seems to drain about 20% more than my ipad.

bill_d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
got off the roof today on a job and got in and started truck turned on my ipad and got

ipad is hot needs to cool down.. yeah me too it phoenix :D

cooled it down with the a/c and it came on ok and seems fine, but how hot can these get and will inside car temperatures kill it
need to get a insulated cover for my car rack to keep the sun off it
most times i'm on a call it may be 30 to 45 minutes if not in sun i think it will be ok , but this job was a 6 hr install and the sun moved

Most reactions

Latest posts